We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Because it's there !

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Because it's there !

I feel compelled to ask a question on the Newport Pagnell forum because I've had perhaps one too many glasses of excellent shiraz. I couldn't stop myself and am tempted to look for the Brent, Knutsford and Tebay forums too.

Why in goodness name does TA have a forum for a place best known for a service station when I can't convince them to put a forum or entry in place for an area near Sydney (Central Coast) that has major resorts, 5 waterways, and 3 national parks in it ?

This is not dissing NP which is, of course, a lovely place..... but really.....

Newport Pagnell
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Because it's there !

Ther service station at Newport Pagnell was the first motorway service station in the UK. Newport Pagnell also has the oldest iron bridge in the UK (maybe even europe) that still carrys main road traffic every day. Newport Pagnell also supplied the vellum parchment, made from calf (ugh!) skin, that the Domesday ( sic) Book is currently bound in. If you want more information please visit http://www.newport-pagnell.co.uk

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Because it's there !

Tebay/Westmorland serivce staion is the best one in Britain and is unlike any of the others. It is set in lovely Lake District scenery and the whole place just feels calmer and friendlier than any other service station I have been too.

One complaint though:- Last time I was there was a few weeks ago around about 9 in the evening. I think the roast potatoes I had must have been sitting around since lunch time. Yhet were so hard I couldn't cut them and one jumped off my plate and nearly landed in someones soup!!

13. Re: Because it's there !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Newport Pagnell
Recent Conversations