We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fritton lake country park suffolk

london
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
fritton lake country park suffolk

after many years visiting east anglia, me and the family made time to visit fritton lake with rowing boats,pitch n putt, kids adventure play area and pony rides at extra cost from admission fee.my book of hidden places in east anglia also said it has a falconary centre and pets farm area,book printed in 2004 but unfortunately fritton lake removed these two attractions in 2005... on entry i wasnt aware of this and quite honest probably wouldnt wasted best part of a day here. their cafe aint worth the space, too pricy and rather poor quality, take your own picnic if you decide fitting this into holiday though me for one will never return unless they do a lot of improvement and add more things to do...we went on the lake and got into diffaculty as the oars kept popping out and when you'll fighting against a current its no joke, i was tired out and needed assistant to get back to shore. lucky the wife had a whistle on her life jacket which i blew 3 long blows to be resqued. i mention the problem to the assistants and told the next person not to take this boat out until they change the oars. the wife heard them blamming me,that i said it was the boat.your allowed 30 minutes on a massive lake and it took 40 minutes trying to get back that shouldve taken aprox 15-20.... i had to call off as the wife took my son back to the adventure area as i took a walk along the lake side to see if the next guy had problems as well but lost site of them,though notice two lads a bit younger than me having the exact problems that they had to swap rowing as he looked done in by the current as his oars kept popping out too.

it was such a bad experience for us that we left and headed for pleasure wood hills american theme park to try and resque the days fun with two hours to spare. wished we went their in the first instance. it was so good, we returned to pleasurewood hills the next day. then finished at lowestoft for an incrdible chinrse buffete-the best ive ever been to with a fabolous selection with even more delicious dishes. the duck is to die for, out this world,lovely surroundings best comfortable seats to sit on. theyve realy gone out of their way to make your meal a real pleasent one 10/10...fri/sat 14.99 adults-child 8.99 [UNDER 1.4M]though other days its £2.00 a head cheaper and lunch time even cheaper AT 6.50 AND 4.50... oh the name is CHINA DINER at end of middle shopping area between A.12 and the chip hut and small two stall market area. i parked in the first car park coming from gt.yarmouth n pleasurewood hills,then walk down wards along the shops,its at the bottom on the left... worth every penny no matter which price you pay.if you like chinese then forget the rest until youve tried CHINA DINER, LOWESTOFT. TEL,538000/538800 OPEN 12 NOON - 3PM AND DINNER 5.30 - 11PM SPECIAL OFFERS ON 65'S ON SUN-THURS EVE'S ONLY AND DISCOUNT ON ALCOHOLICS DRINKS AFTER 9.30PM OH AND THE BIGGEST DESSERT SELECTION YOU COULD IMAGINE. 10/10 CANNOT FAULT IT. I LOVED IT SO DID THE FAMILY.

1. Re: fritton lake country park suffolk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Lowestoft
Recent Conversations