We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kirkwall flights

Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kirkwall flights

Hello again,

Our trip is all booked and I'm counting down the days but was wondering if anyone would know if flight cancellations might be a concern due to bad weather?

I've been seeing on the bbc orkney Facebook page a lot of ferry cancellations and have also heard this winter is going to be particularly brutal so was hoping to find out if flights are cancelled regularly or we should be ok.

I'm really excited about this visit and would be very sad if we missed out!

Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kirkwall flights

"this winter is going to be particularly brutal"

There are always lots of pundits who will say stuff like that. Not sure where they get their facts from. At the moment there's some snow on hills but that isn't really a surprise as December approaches. And yes ferries get cancelled when winds get up. Some routes are susceptible to winds due to exposed harbours. Flights, on the other hand, often keep going when boats tie up.

This is really something you might ask flybe (I presume) - what's their December record?

Don't worry excessively about it.

2. Re: Kirkwall flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Kirkwall
Recent Conversations