We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis at cruise dock?

Which Kirkwall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NL
Level Contributor
827 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis at cruise dock?

We will arrive on cruiseship for one day. Weather depending we might want to see a bit more then just Portree. Are there usually taxis available for maybe a few hours?

If we decide to stay in Portree I assume the dock will be close to the centre?

5 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis at cruise dock?

This is the forum for Kirkwall in Orkney, I think you may want Skye in the Hebrides. But having visited both on cruise ships I would say consider hiring a car for the day and go where you want.

NL
Level Contributor
827 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis at cruise dock?

Sorry I was a bit confused, it had to be Kirkwall of course. Glad to hear taxis will be available.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis at cruise dock?

I'm now a bit confused, I nenver mentioned taxis! I was recommending hiring a car!!

NL
Level Contributor
827 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis at cruise dock?

Sorry for more confusion. We donot want to rent a car because of the driving of the left. That is why we want to have a taxi. Since it is just the 2 of us getting a private driver might be a bit too expensive. Or we will opt for the excursions organised by the ship.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis at cruise dock?

The question is will there be enough taxis if a lot of others have the same idea as you - probably not

Reply to: Taxis at cruise dock?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted