We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car park rip off at Market gates

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Car park rip off at Market gates

my wife and I are fairly regular visitors to Great Yarmouth and before last weekend we were there in May. Back then Market Gates shopping centre was still being refurbished and car parking was as it has always been - a ticket on entry and then pay the guy on the way out. Last weekend was our first visit since it was revamped, now you take a token from the machine and pay at a machine before returning to your car, no problem there or so I thought. The one mistake I made was not checking the car park charges on entry. As this was a Saturday (and indeed the run up to Christmas) we wanted to have a good look around the market plus all the usual shops and also have something to eat. In all we were parked for five and a half hours and was I in for a shock when I went to pay - it cost a staggering £9.00!! Even people waiting behind me couldn't believe it. And I thought Romford was a rip off. A whole days parking at Stansted airport is just £9.00 (even cheaper if you book on line). So be warned, if you are visiting Great Yarmouth or more to the point Market Gates multi-storey car park for the first time just be aware of those car park charges.

london
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car park rip off at Market gates

yes i was back up their early easter period, i was shoked at how much it was to park on the sea front car parks as didnt want to do too much walking when youve got a 3 y/o son.so thought be clever and drop mum n son by the beach and try back roads,except for a few spaces already taken its all permit parking so heres the big joke- i too thought ah ha,lets park in market gates.as i enter i notice the charges which is the same if you park on the sea front car parks.so il avoid market gates and give my money to the more convenient car parks.mark

2. Re: Car park rip off at Market gates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Great Yarmouth
Recent Conversations