We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Great Yarmouth with toddler

Which Great Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Great Yarmouth with toddler

Hi all,

We will be staying in a holiday cottage in Norfolk in a couple of weeks and plan on doing a few day trips out and about.

We would like to visit Great Yarmouth for the day and I wondered if anyone has any ideas or recommendations for things to do on a day trip there with a toddler (just under 2yrs), areas to visit or toddler friendly places to eat (other than the usual chains).

This isn't a first visit to Great Yarmouth, albeit our last visit was a few years ago.

Has anyone been to the Time and Tide museum with a toddler? Is it worth a visit?

Thanks,

Ploppy

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
555 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Great Yarmouth with toddler

At this time of year your choices are limited. First on the list must be the Sea Life Centre. Under 3s are free - and there's a discount voucher here smartsave.com/uk/days-out/sea-life-centre-gr…

The Time and Tide Museum is superb IMHO, but there may not be much to hold the interest of a toddler.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Great Yarmouth with toddler

Thanks for the reply.

The Sea Life Centre looks good - thanks for the link to the discount voucher.

I think we'll also give the Time and Tide museum a shot - as long as our daughter can toddle around a bit without us having to worry too much about her getting her hands on/knocking over anything fragile etc., she'll have a great time!

Thanks again,

Ploppy

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Great Yarmouth with toddler

I will add to that, you may find the viewing tower open, that tower which sticks over the top of the buildings on the front could be wonderful views but there isn't much in the town centre itself for kids, there may be a toy shop or two but the other place which might have things suited for her is the pier and the beach should be fine and also there's still good old crazy golf available.

In my opinion Great Yarmouth was feeling a little sorry for itself when I was there but of course that's not peak season.

4. Re: Day trip to Great Yarmouth with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Great Yarmouth