We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

Which Grantown-on-Spey hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marlborough, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Highlands for Christmas where snow is *very* likely? We've stayed at The Boat in Boat of Garten for Christmas, which was lovely - and it snowed - but we would like to try somewhere else. Many thanks for any advice!

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

Can't guarantee snow I'm afraid but how about the Braemar or Ballater area - if there is snow to be had then they will probably be in the thick of it.

Or the Dalmunzie at Glenshee but then that road closes if there is a lot of snow and then you have the problem of getting there.

Marlborough, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't know those areas. Any hotels that you know of in those parts?

Scotland
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

These sites may help :-

www.braemarscotland.co.uk

www.visitballater.com

Marlborough, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

Thanks for the information. I've started looking around the area and it seems full of possibilities, although quite a few places seem closed over the holiday period.

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

Mistress Q is the local expert for that area and I'm sure she will be able to help further. :-)

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

What about Muckrach Lodge at Dulnain Bridge just outside Grantown? Have not stayed there but I have eaten in the restaurant and conservatory, though not recently.

www.muckrach.com

Its set out in the country in lovely grounds but as previous poster said we cannot guarantee the white stuff!

7. Re: Snowy Highland Chrismas suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Grantown-on-Spey