We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking in July

newport south wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Car Parking in July

Any advise on car parks regular visitor to Fowey normally leave car in Moneypenny but can only pay overnight until 9am. Staying in Galleon for few days in July unfortunately husband has had knee operation and town bus does not run until 10 am. Any suggestions?

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Parking in July

There is a free car park at the top of Fowey in Park Rd just off Polvillion Rd(which is the main rd into Fowey. Its quite a walk down into Fowey but you should be able to get the town bus close by.

Its probably worth ringing the Galleon and telling them your problem,as they will certainly have the best knowledge of how to help you from a local viewpoint.

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Parking in July

That's a good suggestion. If you were after a more level walk with knee problems, you may want to try Caffa Mill car park near the slipway to the Bodinnick Ferry. However, it's still a longish walk.

I was wondering whether you could get 24 hour tickets rather than overnight tickets as that may save you the concern of rushing to the carparks for 9am and then you will be able to use the town bus. I'll have a look on the machines for you and get back ASAP.

newport south wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Parking in July

Many thanks for your help. We will check out that car park and how near the town bus is. Will also contact the Galleon for their advise. Once again thanks

newport south wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Parking in July

Thank you for your reply I would be most grateful if you could look to see if there is a 24 hour parking ticket that would be great if there was. Look forward to hearing from you.

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Parking in July

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

There is a 24 hour ticket which runs for twenty four hours from whenever you pay. It is £7.00.

The overnight ticket is £2.00 and runs from 6pm to 9am.

newport south wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Parking in July

Many thanks for that information. Do you buy the 24 hour ticket in the car park or do you get it from the Tourist information office? I know we would have to go there if we bought a weekly ticket.

I know the overnight ticket is good value but the difficultly was getting back to the car park by 9 am as the town bus doesn't start until 10.

Kind Regards

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Parking in July

No, you just buy the ticket in the usual machines in the car park. They don't give change though, so come armed with pound coins!

newport south wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Parking in July

Many thanks you have been most helpful

9. Re: Car Parking in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fowey