We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which holiday park?

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Which holiday park?

Looking to book a week away with the wife and our 18month old in the Christchurch area. I see there are 5 or so different holiday parks and wondered if anyone has thoughts pros and cons. Considering hoburne park at the minute as pool facilities sound good for the little one. Would like to go into christchurch as well is it walkable or are the buses easy if we did not want to use car. Never done a static caravan holiday before so interested in ur thoughts. Looking at last week august september time. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
south wales
Level Contributor
51 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which holiday park?

Hi

We stayed at Hoburne Naish last August and thoroughly enjoyed it. We passed Hoburne Park as it is quite close by but it is on a busy road so I wouldn't of thought walking into Christchurch would be an option.

I booked our caravan through www.directholidayhomesco.uk , may be worth a look.

Sorry for my limited knowledge but hopefully its a starting point for you.

high wycombe
Level Contributor
58 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which holiday park?

Shorefield just up the road in New Milton is our favourite and well worth a look. It's cheaper to book directly from the owner rather than through Shorefield direct.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
416 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which holiday park?

None of the sites are walkable to Christchurch town centre I think. Hobourne Park you could probably wander to Highcliffe though. Bus service should be fine to get you in to either town though. Shorefield is a bit further out than New Milton and definitely need a car to get around

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which holiday park?

You will probably find that September is much cheaper as schools will be back.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which holiday park?

Thanks all for your input. Much appreciated

Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which holiday park?

Sandhills at Mudeford Quay worth a look. Direct access to beach, walking distance to Christchurch and a couple of places to eat near by. Some owners do let their lodges privately.

Reply to: Which holiday park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christchurch