We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boscastle report

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Boscastle report

We had a perfect day out in Boscastle. Such a charming little harbour village with lots of character.

We parked in the large carpark and walked down to the harbour. On the way we passed lots of quirky little craft shops selling local pottery and paintings etc .

The teengagers in our party loved the museum of Witchcraft and we all found the video in the Visitors Centre of the floods in the village that nearly destroyed it fascinating. (They had all learnt about Boscastle in school in Geography in their extreme weather topic)

We stopped for Cornish pasties and ice-creams then walked onto the harbour. We climbed up the cliff to the coastguard lookout point - well worth the view. It was a really lovely day out enjoyed by all ages.

8 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boscastle report

englishrose? How are you?!! Haven't see you around for ages!

Thanks for the trip report. I haven't been to Boscastle for years, but remember it fondly. Did you see any pixies?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boscastle report

They showed pictures of the 2004 floods on the telly a couple of nights ago. Looked like a minature tsunami

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=boscastle+flood

Okehampton, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boscastle report

Glad you had a good time Englishrose.

We used to live in Tintagel just up the road but over the last few years have seen a big drop in visitor numbers so seeing people like yourself have a good time is heart warming.

(Although they aint real pasties in Boscastle! lol all potato!) Come to Tintagel, with Pengelans doing the lamb and mint mmm actually could just eat one now!

Anyway, glad you had a good time and hope you visit the area again soon

Chris

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boscastle report

Nice report, and glad you enjoyed your stay, but i wish you had posted in the Cornwall forum where there is actually a Boscastle forum.

I don't want these Devon types thinking the borders moved. Faceman has enough problems finding his way around as it is and i would hate for him to wander over the border : )

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boscastle report

Lamb and mint pasties, you can tell you're in Devon!

Glad you enjoyed Boscastle, pop on over to the Cornwall forum some time, we know what a pasty is over there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boscastle report

Argggghhhhh!!

There seems to be a Cornish invasion encroaching into Devonian cyberspace...

"Get back to where you belong" - *gets electric cattle prod out and waves it threateningly at the smelly Cornish*

I do agree with your sentiments though Englishrose - Boscastle is so nice it should be in Devon!

:-)

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boscastle report

Lol

Keep it up Faceman. We're taking over.............. : ))

Edited: 21 April 2011, 20:58
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boscastle report

Oops sorry I have to admit that staying on the border of Devon and Cornwall ( in a little place called Welcombe) I got my Devon and my Cornwall muddled up! I will post my report on Boscastle on the Cornwall forum as well.

Gill- lovely to hear from you again too!

Chris- we went to Tintagel last year and throughly enjoyed it.

Reply to: Boscastle report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bideford