We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay near Weymouth?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I stay near Weymouth?

On 31 July 4 of us are invited to beach games and a BBQ on Hive Beach near Burton Bradstock. Then on 1 August, we are going to a wedding at Wyke Regis, Weymouth followed by a "pimms and pasties" at Poundbury. We'll also need to get to Isle of Portland at some point.

Anyone got any suggestions of the location of where we should look for accommodation for 3 nights taking into account this itinerary? We'll need 2 bedrooms.

Better still, has anyone got recommendations of where to stay? We are (early) 50-somethings with 2 teenagers in tow. Could be a hotel, or B&B or farmhouse accommodation......or anything really. We like good quality, but it doesn't have to be luxury. We like places that are a bit individual or quirky. We can pay more than rock bottom prices if needs be, but then again, if paying more, we'd want to feel we're getting something for our money. Ideally, we'd like somewhere that you can remember staying at, and not a soulless hotel or B&B!

Any suggestions, gratefully received. Alternatively, if we have left it far too late to book because it's the height of the holiday season and Dorset is already fully booked....then that would be useful to know as well!

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay near Weymouth?

Abbotsbury or Portesham could be good locations for you, They are accessible to all the places you need. as there are B&Bs and farms in these areas, though I personally do not have any personal experiences of them The Manor House Hotel at West Bexington is supposed to be good, & nearer to Burton Bradstock. There are also hotels/B&Bs in Burton Bradstock, but again I cannot recommend any as I have never used them.Hopefully someone else reading this has!

Hope this is of some help.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay near Weymouth?

Thanks very much for your reply. I will look into these suggestions.

If anyone can add to these suggestions, add a post.

In the meantime, let's hope the good weather lasts another 3 weeks!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay near Weymouth?

Manor House WB has plenty going for it, maybe a bit pricey but decent and plenty of charm, stayed in the village and had meals and beer there

IMHO better than the Illchester in Abbotsbury

4. Re: Where should I stay near Weymouth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth
Recent Conversations