We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good chinese take away and fish and chips

south wales
Level Contributor
51 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Can anyone recommend a nice chinese take away and fish and chip shop in weymouth area please?

We are staying for a week in July and have car so can drive outside town area if need be.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Hi Carrie

I can highly recommend Jade Garden Chinese Takeaway on King Street which is the street that runs down from the Jubilee Clock on the Seafront. I live in Weymouth & always used our local takeaway but was converted by other family members to Jade Garden & would never go back.

Their food is really fresh tasting, their curry sauce is imo to die for. The prices are on par with your average Chinese take away too, I would be happy to scan in and send you a menu if you wish.

I don’t know if you can eat in as we always have it delivered, but delivery is free with free prawn crackers if you spend so much & I think we often get a bottle of Pepsi thrown in.

Annie

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Also there are many fish & chip shops round by the harbour, I'm afraid though I don't feel confident enough to recommend one in particular. I find it can be a bit hit and miss with chip shops, depending on who's cooking or time of day. Hoping someone else can help you though, enjoy Weymouth :-)

south wales
Level Contributor
51 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Thank you Annie for taking time to reply, we are staying quite close to King street so will definatly be paying the jade garden a visit.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

My favorite fish and chips is Fish n' Fritz down near the harbour. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact street, but you should be able to locate it by asking. It is by far the best in my opinion and worth looking for. Actually, I just found them: They have a website; the address is 9 Market St. Weymouth. Enjoy.

Edited: 28 May 2011, 23:43
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Fish & Fritz is great, its restaurant and takeaway. if you just want takeaways though

Daniels is good, they have several shops locally in Littlemoor, Abbotsbury Rd, Portland Rd etc. Also Regency fish bar on Dorchester Rd, Lodmoor hill is good.

We use the Jade Garden Chinese on Lodmoor Hill,

south wales
Level Contributor
51 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Thanks everyone for the response,

I was going to post a seperate thread for recommendations for pub meals including sunday lunch if you have any suggestions i'd be grateful.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Not really a pub, but an excellent restaurant for lunch or dinner is the Anglo/italian run Hamilton's at the east end of town. For a good pub lunch I really enjoyed The Turk's Head in Chickerell.

Dorset
Level Contributor
228 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

For a Sunday lunch carvery I would recommend either the Original Thomas Hardy or The Poet Laureate - both are in Dorchester. 5 miles from Weymouth. Its advisable to book on Sundays as these are popular.

Also in the area and very good are

The Brewers Arms - Martinstown

The Sun Inn - Lower Burton

The Thimble Inn - Piddlehinton

south wales
Level Contributor
51 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

Thanks for those, it sounds as if we'll be spending the week eating ;-)

We went to the spring head in sutton poyntz a few years back for sunday lunch, that was rather nice.

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good chinese take away and fish and chips

For sunday lunch in Weymouth if you want a carvery the Spyglass is good at Overcombe. its on the way to Bowleaze Cove, on the hill - excellent views over the bay, and play area for kids. Also can recopmment the Sunray at Osmington. Youneed to book this though as its always busy. They do a weekday lunchtime carvery too, for about £6. My local The Old Spa on the Dorchester Rd, do good food including a carvery on Sundays. They also do 2 meals for £10 but this doesn't include the carvery.

Decor and abience is not great, but the food is good.

Good value is the Lodmoor (near Sealife) its a Brewers Fayre. On Sundays they do a carvery with soup and salad starter for £9 each. Its all help yourself (except for the meat)

to as much as you like - bargain, and good too.

Bon Appetite!

Get answers to your questions about Weymouth
Recent Conversations