We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Hi guys, I am thinking of proposing to my girlfriend this year and i thought maybe a quiet weekend in Weymouth might be the place to pop the question. I use to love Weymouth as a child and now i have a child of my own it holds special memories for me and i know my partner likes it there. So i am just looking for ideas and locations in that area. Obviously any tips/help would be hugely appreciated..

Thank you.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Chesil Beach??

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Abbotsbury has some of the best views. You could try either St Catherines Chapel which looks down on the village or if you walk from the chapel out towards the sea you can look down over the Swannery and beach. There is also Abbotsbury Gardens where there is a walk that takes you to the top of the hill to a seating area that looks down onto the whole of Chesil Beach and Portland or there are other spots around the Gardens that are very romantic...........got to pay to get in though!

Abbotsbury is 9 miles from Weymouth and on the coast road. If you carry on to Bridport you get some great views or better still come into Abbotsbury from the Bridport end and you will get stunning views down Abbotsbury HIll.

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
233 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Furzy cliff above Bowleaze?, around the beach/cliffs at Osmington Mills or Ringstead. or the Weymouth Sea Life Tower perhaps. Another thought could be Nothe Gardens nr the fort, plenty of views. Obviously depends on the weather at the time too, but good luck wherever you choose, hope she says yes!

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
875 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Looking forward to Stewie80's report on the events on Thursday the 14th. Hope (s)he said yes!

Nuneaton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

Im also planning to do this in weymouth.. up in the tower but will be writing 'will you marry me' in the sand then get her to use the zoom on the camera and fingers crossed she will find the message..

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

What a lovely idea, hope it works.

7. Re: Looking for a romantic spot in Weymouth to propose...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth