We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurants?

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurants?

Hi All,

Anybody got any recommendations for any nice restaurants in Weymouth. We are taking my elderly parents there at the end of next week and would like to treat them to some nice meals. They like quite simple food but I would like somewhere nicer than the local fish bar!!!!

We will have the car so if there are any places just outside Weymouth worth going to that wouldn't be a problem

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurants?

Any thoughts or ideas anyone??

Thanks Sarah

Dorset, England
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurants?

We eat regularly at the Galley Bistro at Brewers Quay - has a good range of fish dishes as well as steak etc.

The Luggers Inn at Chickerell just off the road out towards Bridport is good. Have only been once but will certainly go back.

The Ilchester Arms at Abbotsbury is of a consistently good standard.

The Martyr's Inn at Tolpuddle is excellent.

None of these places are cheap but beither are they top range. If you want the latter then Perry's on the Brewers Quay side of the harbour is the one.

There are loads of good cheaper places as well around the harbour area.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurants?

Thanks Annabel

It's great to have some idea - I had noticed Perrys on the Tourist Info web site and thought it looked nice!!!

Sarah

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurants?

Just got back from a very hot and sunny Weymouth.

Thanks for the tips

We ended up having nice meals at Hamiltons on Brunswick Terrace and the Sea View Chinese in the Pier Bandstand. We were with my parents so agreed to a fish and chip restaurant one evening so went to the King Edwards on the Esplanade and I must say had a very nice meal there - staff are very friendly and patient!

All in all had a very good stay in Weymouth - it was very dominated by the "older" but young at heart person but that proved to be very pleasant and suited my parents. The Prince Regent hotel was very nice and comfortable.

Sarah

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurants?

We had our first visit to Weymouth a couple of months ago. We found the town quite depressing, I'm afraid - definitely a case of faded glory.

However, we can certainly recommend Perrys, which seems to be the best restaurant in town. We'd also recommend Chandlers Hotel - small but well-run and with excellent breakfasts!

6. Re: Nice restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth