We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to Fallbarrow Park October, any change in pubs, etc

Which Bowness-on-Windermere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
Level Contributor
340 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Back to Fallbarrow Park October, any change in pubs, etc

We are back in Bowness after 3 years and are staying at Fallbarrow Park - the 3rd time we have stayed there (its v central for us as we do not drive) We are very much looking forward to going on long walks inc Grizedale Forest, buying scrummy food from our fav store of all time Booths, and going for a couple of drinks at night.

However, I know places can change in time. Looking at website I am presuming that nothing has changed in Grizedale forest, but is Booths still as yummy? Our favourite pubs were Hole It Wall and the Royal Oak, hopefully they wont have changed to much. We are also thinking of trying the Postillion Restaurant, we quite like the menu we've seen on the web it looks like good value to. Has anyone tried it and can anybody give me any feed back on any of the above.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
62 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to Fallbarrow Park October, any change in pubs, etc

Don't do much in Bowness as we are up at Limefitt Park, but I can assure you that Booths at WIndermere is still the worlds #1 supermarket ;-)

A recent entry in our guest book said "Would recommend Bowness to eat out - especially Gibbys with a great menu and good service".

John

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to Fallbarrow Park October, any change in pubs, etc

My boyfriend and I ate the Postillion this month. Food was good, but service appalling. Loads of foreign waiters who can't speak English, were very curt and kept us waiting ages for our food. Then charged us the wrong amount and were very rude when we tried to sort it out. I would recommend Jacksons instead - we had a fantastic meal there and great service. They also told us they had complaints from customers who had visited The Postillion.

3. Re: Back to Fallbarrow Park October, any change in pubs, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Bowness-on-Windermere
Recent Conversations