We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burnside Park

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Burnside Park

Has anyone stayed at this resort? We have a timeshare exchange for 1 week in July. Although it's timeshare they also do rentals. It looks good but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has stayed previously. Thanks

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
193 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burnside Park

How was your stay? We're due to visit in November as part of a timeshare rental. How was your experience? Any recommendations greatly appreciated. Many thanks :o)

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burnside Park

We had a great time, made even better by lovely weather. Burnside Park is just up the road from where the boats are so is in a great position.

We had a 2 bedroom house with up and down stairs. It even had a mezzanine level with 2 single beds. Really large accommodation. Not all accommodation is quite so big though. I asked to see a few apartments in case we return sometime. Contact the resort and for a bright apartment because some are fairly dark. The staff are very good and will do there best for you.

You're spoiled for choice with places to eat and drink. I did a review of a few on TA so have a look. Have a great time.......

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
193 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burnside Park

Many thanks for the info, will definately contact in order to arrange a "brighter" room. Sorry couldn't find reviews, can you remember the restaurants/pubs you visited so I can do a search? Many thanks :o)

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burnside Park

We liked Hyltons which was very reasonably priced. Also Jacksons Bistro which was more expensive but good. Vinegar Jones chippy serves very small portions so give it a miss. It gets very poor reviews. Too many pubs to mention. You'll find the ones you like.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
193 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burnside Park

Just received our booking confirmation through from RCI for our stay in November. We've been allocated Apartment/Cottage 535. Anyone know the location of this and whether it is one of the refurbished units? Also how many bedrooms are we talking ie; one plus sofa bed? Many thanks in advance :o)

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burnside Park

I think all cottages are refurbished. I may have a map of the resort so will have a search and let you know.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
193 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burnside Park

That would be great if you could attach a link to this, or perhaps email me. Many thanks in advance Jackie :o) x

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burnside Park

Hi BB, I have a paper copy only of the resort map which I got from reception. The cottage numbers do not start with 5 but I think the one you've been allocated must be 35. I think it is a 1 bedroom but am not certain. Units should all have a bed settee in the lounge as well as a bedroom.

Number 35 is not one I would choose to stay in but it would be worth contacting Burnside and checking if it's dark or as large as other 1 bedroom units. Ask for a brighter/larger one if possible. I wouldn't think November would be too busy. The staff we dealt with were all very nice. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Edited: 23 October 2011, 20:10
Stockton-on-Tees
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burnside Park

Just returned home from a great week at Burnside Park. Stayed in a two-bedroomed upstairs apartment with our two children (10 and 7 years). It was a lovely place to stay and we will definitely return. Location was so convenient, but away from the hustle and bustle of the main street. Use of the hotel facilities was available, but to be honest there was so much to do during our stay we only swam in the pool once, however the children did very much enjoy one of the "kids club" sessions as well.

The apartment was very well kitted out with everything you could need. It was very clean and tidy and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The only word of caution would be that the living room has a pull down bed, which would need to be used of 6 people were staying. The design of the windows includes roof lights - which give a great feeling of airiness during the day, but which don't have blinds for the night time. It wasn't too bad for us as the daylight only appeared about 7am. but this would be a major issue in the summer time I would think. I would recommend asking the staff before you arrive if you need to do this - they were very helpful.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
193 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Burnside Park

On speaking with Burnside we've been allocated a choice of either Cottage 35 or Apartment 42. Not really sure which one to go for!

Cottage 35 apparently has a separate smaller lounge and is on 2 levels with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs, it also has a new full kitchen.

Apartment 42 is a ground floor "open plan" unit which is slightly more spacious, basic mini kitchen consisting of microwave, fridge and dishwasher.

If anyone has stayed in either property feedback/recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as I need to notify them in due course of our choice (staying 12/11/11). Many thanks :o)

Get answers to your questions about Bowness-on-Windermere
Recent Conversations