We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Dyments out there??

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Any Dyments out there??

I am visiting England for the first time(Apr.of this year). My relatives back in the 1800's lived in Bradworthy- the Dyment family. Are there any Dyments still living in this area? My great grandfather Nathaniel Dyment born in 1832, left with his family for Canada in 1833. He ended up being a millionaire through various ventures,lumbering being one of them. He had thorougbred horses and they won the King's (Queens)Plate 5 times in the early 1900's. So just "fishing...any Dyments in the phone book!?? Joanne

Combe Martin, Devon
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Dyments out there??

Laing1 Sorry just checked the phone directory and there are no Dyments listed. Try emailing the library barnstaple.library@devon.gov.uk they have a copy of the electrol roll they may check if there any Dyments on there

Keith

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Dyments out there??

Thanks Keith! Darn, I got so excited when I saw your reply but quickly realized-- no luck. I have e mailed what you suggested, and did go into their site. Thanks for taking the time to do that Keith!

Get answers to your questions about Barnstaple
Recent Conversations