We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paignton

West midlands
9 posts
Save Topic
Paignton

Well we have arrived safely home from a week in Paignton.

We arrived to a sunny day and found the accomodation straight away, we did hit some traffic on the M5 but wasnt too bad.

The accomodation was the Priory Cottages which is situated on Beach road, the accomodation itself was very nice, it was modern and well fitted with everything we needed.

We spent the first evening just haviong a walk around and then went for a meal down the touristy street in paignton.

To cut along story short we had a good time, we would have had a better time but the weather wasnt the best!

Pleaces we visited were...

Model Village:

quite funny and the 4D theatre wasnt to bad either. £25 for a family of four was a bit steep for what it was IMO though.

Quaywest splashdown water park:

Was good, the main pool was a bit small however. the Weather was the main thing that ruined the experience of this though but it's perfectly situated on Goodrington Beach and you can walk in and out all day to and from the beach which was good.

Apollo Cinema (twice):

Went to see Transformers 2 and Harry potter, the service and the staff were the best ive seen at a cinema and they appeared to be very switched on to customer satisfaction.

Pirates crazy golf:

My 11 year old made sure we did this numerous times!! It is good though and as i said my youngest loved it!

We did other things but i really dont have time to go too deep as my bed and work are calling me!

Thanks for the good advice from everyone on here :)

I would like to go to Paignton again and would recommend it to everyone.

If you go when there's great sunshine and soaring temperatures then you would have the time of your life with the great sandy beaches.

I'll be going abroad next year as we really missed having nice hot weather.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paignton

Hello

Glad that Paignton managed to impress you. I know you were unsure to start with, and yes if the weather was nicer it would make the trip much more enjoyable - but you cant have it all can you!

Hope you make it back to Paignton again one day.

take care

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paignton

Glad you had a good time - although it is a shame you were here for this last week of terrible weather!

West midlands
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paignton

Yes Paignton is a nice enough place and i think i would come back again :)

4. Re: Paignton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 06:17