We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good restaurants

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
good restaurants

can anyone recommed any good restaurants we love great food and would welcome any suddestions thanks

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good restaurants

We could probably do with a bit more information as to what you like or am looking for.

La scala is a lovely Italian - would recommend this one to any one.

Other than that the only restaurant I would eat at in Paignton is the Thai - Thai gardens, palace gardens.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good restaurants

Thankyou for your reply, we love Italian and asian food., we also love seafood ,steak / british food, anything really as long as its cooked well.

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good restaurants

For sea food I would recommend taking the short trip (15 mins) to brixham and go to Poop Deck.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good restaurants

thankyou we will

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: good restaurants

One restaurant I would definitely recommend is TJ's Bistro. Used to be called "The Toby Jug", overlooking the harbour.

Good home cooked food, a great range of tapas, friendly service and superb views over the harbour.

County Down
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: good restaurants

Thinking of going to devon cliffs in torquay area can you tell me about the region

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good restaurants

The more "fine dining" restaurants are generally found in Torquay rather than Paignton. Look up websites for "the elephant" or "orange tree" for example.

It does really depend on what you are looking for. "good restaurants" can mean a lot of things. I can recommend a great Italian in Paignton. There is a good quality fish restaurant in Brixham.

Let me know specifically what you are looking for and then we can try to help more.

Edited: 29 May 2011, 12:33
Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good restaurants

Are you talking about the holiday park?

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1,297 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good restaurants

In my opinion the best food in Paignton is found at:

Indian Ocean, winner street - the midweek 4 course meal for £9.95 is a steal (Tues/Wed/Thurs) - it has only good reviews so I can't understand it's position on the Paignton restaurants.

Thaiisaan, Torbay Road - Excellent Thai food, Friday buffet nights are often on and are very good.

For fish and chips either Squires in Churston (not the town centre version) or the London Fryer in Preston. Chips are good at Scoffs on Torbay Road.

Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good restaurants

I stayed in Paignton in July and I would recommend TJ's and The Boathouse. But I would pre book as I can imagine they would be busy in main summer holidays.