We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Topic
devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

we are looking to book this for August taking 2 children 11 and 14 and a dog-any recommendations?

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

Hoseasons increasingly occupies the lower end of the market, or so it seems. So probably best not to expect too much.

They are also offering some incredibly cheap deals at present I noticed, but as always, you usually get what you pay for!

Manchester,UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

I don't know if its too late to reply to this but we have just returned from a week at Devon HIlls and had a lovley time. The lodge was clean, warm, well equipped (no corkscrew but wine comes witha screw top anyway!), plenty of hot water, bathroom had a bath for the kids and a good powerful shower, comfy beds. The on site pool was lovely and warm , we used the steam room which was very nice. The local pub (Blagdon Inn) was friendly and the food was really nice. There was plenty to do within an hours drive too. What more could you want?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

Just returned from a weeks break here (family of 4, kids aged 12 &13), and it was not what we were expecting as Hoseasons sold this as an activity break, which it really wasnt.

Although the lodges are nice, its a very quiet resort with very little for the kids to do, yes there are a few acitvities that can be booked, but the majority are held off site.

The timetable is very limited, so it was hard to keep the kids occupied, we ventured out everyday for our fun!

Didcot, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

Just returned from Devon Hills holiday village and we were very dissappointed. Granted the site is very clean, Pub is nice- however no games room, pool is clean & not busy, ideal base. However the lodges are crammed in together so that you have to keep your curtains closed as others can see in.. We were right by the busy road so had to keep our windows closed at night. There is no where for the kids to play, ours took their bikes but there was no where to ride them. Our carpet was Filthy. There were no towels or hairdryer supplied, so remember to take your own. And the sillyiest rule - No kids in the pool after 6pm! This is basically a residential site for older people.

Bradford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

We recently returned from this holiday village. We booked through Hoseasons. Our caravan was really good. Spacious and all the ammenities one would expect. Staff at the village were excellent.

One area of complaint..the caravan was filthy on our arrival. Took us 2 hours to clean it. Wrote letters to Haulfryn and hoseasons pointing this out but as of yet nothing back from either.

Bradford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

But i should point out it is an excellent base from which to explore devon/cornwall.

Bradford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

Just recieved an apology from Haulfryn....no offer to re-imburse the cost of cleaning products we had to buy (incl a vacuum cleaner). We won't be going to this site again or using that company.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

We stayed at Devon Hills in July 11. It was a nice location, quite peaceful.

We stayed in a mobile home with Hoseasons which was pretty nice inside, but the location was poor (backing up to the busy road to Totnes). Woken up each night with lorries going past unfortunately. Sadly the view from the front lounge was really nice and the site itself is also good with a mixture of mobile homes and lodges, but just don't stay in any backing onto this road.

Good onsite pub Blagdon Inn - nice range of food and reasonably priced.

Swimming pool was good. Never very busy even in July, but a bit of a pain that children were not permitted to use during evenings. Hoseasons offer a range of activities but best to book in advance and confirm upon arrival- we also booked up front, but they had 'lost' our booking by the time we arrived.

Best to use as a base to see around Torbay. We loved Brixham best - a picturesque little fishing harbour. Nearby lots of places for go-karting, nice beaches and plenty of family attractions.

My biggest gripe - the extortionate parking charges throughout most of the Torbay area. I have travelled around the UK and have never experience such steep charges!

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

We are just coming back from a 4 days break at the Devon hills holiday village in Paington booked through HOSEASONS. We had a really good holiday and I have to say that i didnt expect it to be this nice and clean.

we stayed in a gold 6 caravan (92) and I was blown away from the moment I opened the door (altho it was a bit tricky to find the caravan as the numbers are rather small on a window corner).

the inside was spotless, smelled fresh and looked so tidy and homely.

We had leather sofas with recliners (we dont even have that at home lol) a big flat screen, a lovely terrace with table and chairs etc..

The kitchen looked new and had everything , even a little basket with complimentary biscuits /tea/coffee etc..

They were 3 bedrooms , altho note that the double bed is a small double and the singles are small singles.

The bathroom was basic but had everything you need and most of all was clean and fresh.

From where we were we could access the pub with a short walk which suited us but obviously you could hear the music at night which was pleasant to us but might not be for everyone.

The pub is lovely , we had a few drinks there but we cannot comment on the food as we didnt eat there. from what I heard it is lovely food too.

The park is really conveniently close to everything, there is a spar , a morrisons within a mile radius , the fantastic Paington zoo is about 2 miles away , the city centre of Paington about 2.5 miles and The beautiful Torquay 10 minutes away (in car).

So we had been able to visit and enjoy the area without having to spend hours in the car.

Also in a mile radius there is a multitude of pubs , restaurants etc..

So it is far from being lost in the country but far enough to experience the beauty of silence :)

The leisure center looks clean and lovely , we visited it but didnt use it , we will when we go back for a bit longer as they have a steam room and sauna.

This changed my mind completely about caravans, I will definitely go back and recommend it to anyone , also look out for prices out of season as we had a really good price for the 4 days .

I never had a problem going through Hoseasons and I use them often.

they also had lots of beautiful lodges for those who do not want to stay in caravans, not that i can really see the difference as normally we stay in lodges but was really happy with the caravan, I dont know if they are all this good but the number 92 rocks.

I hope this helps

P.S: £1.50 for 80 minutes parking or £2.20 for 2 hours and 20 minutes, i call this cheap not steep, try Chester in Cheshire where it is £6 per 2 hours :)

G H
Worcester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: devon hills holiday village (hoseasons)

My wife and I stayed at Devon Hills February 2012 needing a quiet away-from-it-all break which the site claimed to offer. However, the chalet we had was just over the fence form the main road and the noise was evident throughout the day.

The standard of the chalet was clean and tidy with good facilities.

The problem came one day when we came back from a trip to find that a workman had been in our accommodation and had left a toolbox behind. We were not informed in advance of this and had naturally left some valuable and personal items in the chalet. Not only that the intrusion could have come at an inappropriate time as we have been subsequently told that the work was routine maintenance and if the workman had not had a reply when knocking he would have just walked in. What if my wife was in the shower and I was out and had not heard him? How embarrassing.

We have written to Haulfryn Holidays on two occasions and they have repeatedly defended their actions despite the anxiety and distress caused and have not shown true remorse for the lack of warning or information for this maintenance.

We therefore will not be using this company again and would recommend anybody who does intend to use them to clarify when booking about any work being carried out whilst they are there.