We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
648 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi all

Hubby and I are staying at the Premier Inn Goodrington at the beginning of April and tend to prefer not to eat in the restaurants attached. Any recommendations for nearby bars and decent reasonably priced food please?

Thanks in advance.

Zoe

Peterborough
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Not sure about the service in April - but we use the buses to get around Torbay in the summer they run every 10 mins or less from Torquay to Paignton Goodrington Sands and Brixham

Paignton
Level Contributor
111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Not sure what the problem is with walking from Goodrington to Paignton, has everyones legs dropped off!!

As the original question was about walking I assume that zoefroog is quite capable.

I often walk from the town centre out to Goodrington and back just for the excercise, that said I wouldn't do it in the rain. It is a very pleasant walk along the seafront at Goodrington, over the cliff path to Roundham Head and down to the harbour, not a car in sight! Should take 20-30 minutes with some lovely views and it's free!

On arrival at the harbour you have the Harbour Lights Restuarant which used to be good but haven't been in for a year or so and in the town centre there are several Indian and a couple of Chinese as well as Wetherspoons. There is a very nice Italian, La Scala but it is not the cheapest place, depends what you want really.

Paignton
Level Contributor
111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

I think our destination expert has got his Premier Inns mixed up, the one on the ring road isn't open yet, the one at Goodrington is and is right on the seafront.

Bristol
Level Contributor
648 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

I thought Paignton looked walkable on a map - just assumed from responses about it being otherwise that it wasn't a pleasant walk - main roads etc. You can walk along the sea front then?

Thanks again.

Paignton
Level Contributor
111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Yes you can as I said along the seafront, up the cliff path, through Roundham Gardens and down to the Harbour, It's all concrete paths and steps, just comfy shoes, no wellies/walking boots required and you won't see a car until you reach the harbour, have a look at some maps, it's actually part of the South West Coastal Footpath. You will need a brolly if wet as it is quite exposed.

Bristol
Level Contributor
648 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

That's brilliant - thanks.

Sunny South West
Level Contributor
10 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Don't attempt to walk from Goodrington to the Weary Ploughman and the Waterside is also not worth the effort I promise you! On foot from Goodrington Sands you are situated on the Coast Path, so don't worry about the trains!! and hence you can walk by pedestrian path all the way into Paignton arriving at the harbour. For somewhere to eat seek out TJ's, locally owned and run and offers good value food in a great location overlooking the water. (There are reviews on here). Would think that for your one night away it would be ideal.

Bristol
Level Contributor
648 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Thanks. Will have a look - sounds great. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi there,my mum is staying in Paignton at the moment on a break and yesterday she walked from her hotel near the harbour in Paignton to Goodrington and back again and said it took her around 50 mins or so and she's 73!!She had a luvly walk and enjoyed it.

My hubby and I also had a break in Paignton last March 2011 and had one meal at the Harbour Lights restaurant on the harbour and had a nice meal.It wasn't dirt cheap,but we enjoyed our meal for what we paid and had a table by a window looking right out to the water.Another place we went to was the Shoreline cafe/bar/restaurant on the esplanade bout 10 mins walk from the harbour and enjoyed it there also.Again,abit pricey,but the location is great as you're looking right over the sea and if the weather's good,there is also a balcony to eat/drink on.Its located infront of the cinema complex.

Both these restaurants have websites,so have a look and see what you think.......We also visited a weatherspoons pub in the town itself called Talk of the Town and that was very good value for money for drink and food.My mum went in there yesterday for a teacake and coffee and it cost under £2.00.

I may be returning in Oct for a break with Mum and my youngest as I really liked Paignton and all the surrounding areas.Enjoy your stay and wherever you end up for a meal........

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Restaurants near Premier Inn Goodrington Sands

Hi there,my mum is staying in Paignton at the moment on a break and yesterday she walked from her hotel near the harbour in Paignton to Goodrington and back again and said it took her around 50 mins or so and she's 73!!She had a luvly walk and enjoyed it.

My hubby and I also had a break in Paignton last March 2011 and had one meal at the Harbour Lights restaurant on the harbour and had a nice meal.It wasn't dirt cheap,but we enjoyed our meal for what we paid and had a table by a window looking right out to the water.Another place we went to was the Shoreline cafe/bar/restaurant on the esplanade bout 10 mins walk from the harbour and enjoyed it there also.Again,abit pricey,but the location is great as you're looking right over the sea and if the weather's good,there is also a balcony to eat/drink on.Its located infront of the cinema complex.

Both these restaurants have websites,so have a look and see what you think.......We also visited a weatherspoons pub in the town itself called Talk of the Town and that was very good value for money for drink and food.My mum went in there yesterday for a teacake and coffee and it cost under £2.00.

I may be returning in Oct for a break with Mum and my youngest as I really liked Paignton and all the surrounding areas.Enjoy your stay and wherever you end up for a meal........