We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side street car parking.

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ESSEX
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Side street car parking.

Hi y'all.

I read a T.A. review saying there is un-restricted car parking in some side streets relatively close to the Travelodge. I can't find the review and can't remember the names of the roads mentioned.

Does anyone have any knowledge?

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side street car parking.

When we stayed in The SeaVerge Hotel the other week, which is a couple of hundred yards along from the Travelodge by Preston Sands (facing Redcliffe Hotel) the road right next to it , Colin Road, was being used for parking and I didn't see any restrictions signs.

Lots of the side streets nearer the town part have meters so beware. The traffic wardens were very active around those parts.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side street car parking.

The Travelodge does have a reasonable size car park. Previous poster is right, parking on Colin Road is free, but you need to check as I do know some areas only allow 2 hours free, then no return within 2 hours, however I think most are unlimited after 6pm.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Side street car parking.

Hi lots of hotels have their own parking f.o.c. If your looking at the Travel Lodge there is parking in Colin Road, but spaces quickly get taken. If you check out google maps there is parking in Lower Polsham road and also roads off it, it is a one way road, so you cant drive up it from the sea front. You can also drive up Manor road and do a left or right into Morin Road, for free parking. So you shld be able to get free parking in about 5 mins distance from the Travel Lodge but you will not be parking directly outside your hotel. The Redcliff Lodge Hotel is next door to the Travel Lodge Hotel and offers free parking, some of the rooms also have sea views.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Side street car parking.

Thank you all.

Your advice and knowledge is appreciated.

5. Re: Side street car parking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 13:15