We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini trip report

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
mini trip report

Thought I'd just share what we did on our recent stay in Paignton (July 15th-19th)

We are me (30), my sister (24), my mum (50ish) and my gran (70ish) it's something we've done every year for the past 5/6 years and we always stay at Channel View which is actually on the seafront at Preston. It's a nice B&B and the owners are very friendly and welcoming.

Saturday: Arrived via the coast road changed into our swimwear and off to catch some rays and enjoy the beach :) In the Evening we went for dinner to a pub called Ye Olde Smokey House which is in Marldon. They do a carvery as well as a usual pub grub menu - nice food.

Sunday: Me and my sister went shopping in Torquay whilst mum and gran did their own thing, met up for lunch which we ate on the sea front before doing some more sunbathing/swimming :) Sunday night we went out to Galmpton to the Manor Inn. Food wasn't that great, nice if you fancy a pint to sit outside though.

Monday: Me and sister went to Paignton Zoo. £11.50 ish to get in which I thought was well worth it. Lovely zoo, although not much good if you aren't good with walking and slopes. Saw the two tiger cubs which are so cute! So sad to see the Giraffe enclosure still empty after the fire though I hope they find some new ones soon. By lunch time it was getting real hot so we called our taxi services (aka mum) to come collect us. Stopped of to get some sandwiches at Morrisons and sat over looking the sea on the Brixham Road - then of course back to the beach :)

Tuesday: Me and sister went to the Living Coasts Centre. Had been here before but had got a two for one voucher so thought we'd go again. Entrance is £6.75. Spent about an hour here, saw the baby seal along with the penguins, puffins and other coastal birds/animals. Had lunch at the Beacon Quay Brewers Fayre (got a buy one meal get another for 99p voucher from the local eve paper). Meal here was suprisingly good, I've found other Brewers Fayre's I've been too not that good for food. After lunch we decided to, yep you guessed it, go back to the beach :) In the Evening we took a ride to Dartmouth going across on the Ferry and back via the road.

And that's it, short and sweet. It tends to be a nice relaxing holiday for us all and more about spending time with each other than doing lots (and me and my sister getting spoilt rotten :))

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mini trip report

ljg1006: Lovely trip report. I visited Torquay, Brixham and Paignton earlier this year but didn't have time to stop at the zoo. But I'll put it on my itinerary for next time.