We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike hire ???

Which Paignton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Bike hire ???

Hi there, we are staying in Paignton next week mon - frid and i am just checking to see if there's bike hire available anywhere please ? Is there lots of places to ride etc any ideas would be great please - thanks

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike hire ???

Hi check out:

www.torquay.com/attractions/on-yer-bike

Hope you have a nice hols, weather is great at the moment.

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike hire ???

Hello

I don't know how much you know of torbay, but up is quite hilly around here, so hope you are fit and raring to go.

We have some gorgeous coast line around here - check out this. bbc.co.uk/devon/outdoors/cycling/torbay.shtml

If you can put the bikes in your car I would recommend Dartmoor, there will be tonnes of cycle routes around there if you google it. Or, how about you get on the train from Paignton to teignmouth and then there are some nice rides up the estuary towards starcoss etc.

Depending on how energetic you are you can cycle all the way up to Exeter along the estuary and then the canal.

Any of these ideas take your fancy?

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike hire ???

You can cycle from Torquay-Paignton-Brixham along the coastline roads all of which are pretty level, also Cockington would be accessible via bike.

4. Re: Bike hire ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 15:15