We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maitlandfield House Hotel

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Maitlandfield House Hotel

A close friend recently organised a wedding reception at the above hotel. The bridal couple placed their wedding presents in their bedroom and were assured by the hotel management that the room would be secure as the only keys to the room were kept in Reception. The couple later discovered that the envelopes containing cash presents had all been taken from the room. No other presents had been touched. The hotel management declined to accept responsibility. Would a post referring to this incident violate your guidelines?

1 reply
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
238 reviews
1. Re: Maitlandfield House Hotel

I would call in the police and get them to investigate. I had an unfortunate incident at the Maitlandfield [Under former owners] when a new highland dress jacket was stolen under the 'Noses' of the staff at a New Year function who had not bothered to challenge a man in jeans & tee shirt at a 'Black Tie' function. I was covered by insurance, but the inconvenience of losing wallet and credit cards over the holiday period was a nightmare.

Reply to: Maitlandfield House Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haddington
Recent Conversations
More Haddington Topics