We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cliff top B&Bs

Which Shanklin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leicestershire, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
cliff top B&Bs

hi, i have fond memories of going to either shanklin ar sandown as a child, staying in b&bs quite often who's backgardens led onto clifftop walks. Can anyone point me in the direction of any b&bs like this please?

kind regards

3 replies to this topic
East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cliff top B&Bs

I've stayed in ones in both Sandown and Shanklin over the last few years. The Shanklin one was in Atherley Road (name forgotten, before I became TA aware !). That's a good area to start your google search for B&B's as it's near the famous lift, saving you the long trek back up those cliffs : www.hows.org.uk/personal/rail/misc/shank.htm

I'm delighted to report that the cheap and cheerful seaside B&B lives on in these locations - simple family holidays are alive and well !

For what it's worth, I preferred Shanklin - the pubs are slightly better for one thing (try this one shanklinchine.co.uk/index.php/fishermans-cot… ) and there seemed more to do there, although Sandown probably has a better beach.

Mike

Edited: 11 April 2011, 16:07
Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cliff top B&Bs

Your post brings back memories of long gone Hotels.

Along the Cliff Path at Lake, There used to be Mount Pleasant Hotel and Sea Court, further along was Thorncliff - now Lorron Hotel. At Sandown there was The Royal Cliff Hotel, now turned into apartments.

Edited: 12 April 2011, 23:10
isle of wight
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cliff top B&Bs

thers a hotel called miclaren which is on the cliff top between shanklin & lake, family have stayed there a few times and recommend it, theres also a line of hotel on cliff above shanklin, keats green hotel,clifton hotel, belmont hotel.

Reply to: cliff top B&Bs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shanklin