We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on Sunday evening

tog
Guildford,UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on Sunday evening

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Douglas, which is open on Sunday evenings (in April)? I have been looking at websites of restaurants previously recommended but none seem to be open on Sundays.

Thanks for any help.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,865 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

A quick look through the BBG does not give many. The only one that quotes Sunday opening is David Cheung's "China town" www.chinatown-iom-.com but these things have a habit of changing with the tides.

You would be far better waiting until you arrive and just ringing round. Or ask your hosts to find you one.

Good luck.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,865 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Sorry url should be www.chinatown-iom.com

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Hi

It depends on what kind of food you're looking for. Most of the Indian restaurants in Douglas are open on Sunday evenings - our favourite is Taste of India on the Prom.

DO NOT try Aroma at the Empress - they are open on Sunday evenings but charge £17.95 a head for a buffet I'd be sorry to pay £5 for.

R

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Sorry, forgot to add, Chinatown does indeed open on Sunday evenings.

tog
Guildford,UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Thanks for your replies. Ideally we are looking for a good quality restaurant, maybe seafood? Although we are not staying at the Sefton Hotel, it advertises that it has an "award-winning" restaurant, though I don't think it says what the award is! Has anyone eaten there and can recommend, or make any comment on the food there?

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Sorry, our eating experiences in Douglas are mainly asian!

The one good seafood restaurant I know of is closed on Sundays unfortunately (Tanroagan). Another place with a good reputation is McFarlanes but it's also closed on Sundays. :-( Sorry I can't help with the Sefton restaurant either (The Gallery) - all I can tell you is that it will be pricey!

Maybe someone else can help out more?

R

Isle of Man
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Paparazzi is open on a Sunday evening. It is an Italian pizzaria, which not only has fantastic made while you watch pizza's but also a good list of specials, normally with some fish.

Paparazzi Pizzeria

Windsor Hotel, Loch Promenade, Douglas,

Telephone: 01624 671735

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

A while since I last ate at the Sefton. It is indeed excellent and I'm pretty sure it is open on Sunday.

Try dropping the 'Douglas' bit if you have some transport. The Highlander has an excellent (although again, expensive) reputation, it's about six miles from Douglas, on the TT course. There is a place in Peel that has a good reputation and does sea food, but the name escapes me, and the Glen Helen is very nice now.

Watermargin is my favourite restaurant in Douglas, but we're back to Asian food, with more Chinese.

tog
Guildford,UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

Many thanks for all replies - I am going with a list of all recommended restaurants so I am sure we won't go hungry!

10. Re: Restaurants on Sunday evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man