We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tt june 2011

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Tt june 2011

Hi My Husband and son are coming to the TT from Australia,

Could you please help them with 2 things, Firstly what are the best viewing spots on the course ???

For dinner what are nice places to eat in Douglas, as thats where they are staying ??

Regards Kim.

jc30
Level Contributor
50 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tt june 2011

Hi there

You may find the TT website Forum discussions helpful as many regular visitors post their recommendations here -

www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowForum.aspx…

2. Re: Tt june 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 12:49
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
4 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tt june 2011

Would second that Tanroagan is THE best fish restaurant on the island. Not cheap though. For an affordable tea Jaks is ok. - their Jak Burger and curly fries rocks! Avoid Paparazzi like the plague as the food is shocking. The best italian food (that I have eaten) is at L'isola - their schiaccata at lunch time is hard to beat and their pizza's are a million times better than Paparazzi.

I would say that the best viewing is up on the mountain although, unless you are prepared to stay there until the road re-opens, perhaps avoid as you clearly can't leave until the roads are open and all the traffic cleared... Which can take some time. Without transport you are obviously restricted to closer to town.

As a previous review states the Laughing Buddah is good if you feel like a Chinese and the Taste Of India is fantastic - drinks not overpriced either.

Kim I hope you have a fantastic time on the island for the TT and that the weather is kind. Early signs over here is that it is going to be a fantastic summer.

Enjoy!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,660 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tt june 2011

Can you still watch at Ballaugh Bridge??

5. Re: Tt june 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man