We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly accomodation

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly accomodation

Can anyone recommend some decent dog friendly accomodation on the island? Preferably somewhere in the area ranging from Onchan up through Laxey and Maughold to Ramsey, but not overly bothered where, really.

We've had many great holidays over there but never taken our dogs with us. None of the self-catering places we've stayed at before allow dogs.

Any help gratefully received.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

Hi Anji D

If you go to visitisleofman.com/accommodation/isle-of-man… you can search for all dog-friendly accommodation by choosing the 'Dogs Accepted' option from the Facilties menu. You can also add whereabouts in the Island you wish to stay to the search.

There are many providers who will accept dogs including self-catering.

Hope to see you soon!

Richard Slee

PR & Media relations Manager

Isle of Man Department of Economic Development

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

I've tried doing that. Then, when you check the individual websites for the accomodation, a lot of them say NO pets/dogs, despite appearing in the filtered list.

That's why I'm asking here, in the hope that I don't have to trawl through the entire list to double check.

3. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 13:23
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

Thanks, Buddysmum. We're probably going to have to cancel the idea of our trip this autumn 'cos we've just discovered our garage needs a new roof. Sadly, we won't be able to afford both, so the holiday is the one that's going to have to go. Maybe in the spring, March/April time, we'll be able to manage a trip over.

Despite that, if anyone out there does know of some decent dog friendly self catering, please post it here. I can always follow it up later.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

Hi Anji D, it is the accommodation providers who advise us if they accept dogs/pets and we update the website accordingly.

If a provider has incorrectly informed us then we would be grateful if you could tell me which one by emailing richard.slee@gov.im

I note you may not be able to come this year but I have had a further look at the self-catering facilities and there are providers that do accept dogs in the areas you requested. For example, Groudle Glen Cottages and Rhennie Farm.

Any problems should you decide to come over then do please contact us.

Richard

Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

Thanks for the info, Richard. I've sent you an email on this topic. Groudle Glen's Ts & Cs says they DON'T accept dogs or any pets!

7. Re: Dog friendly accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man