We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

Tbilisi, T'bilisi...
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

Hello, I am from non-EU country. I got work permit in Isle of Man. As far as i know the place is too tranquil. Does anybody know if in case of holding work permition at the isaland, will I be able to travel to EU coutnries? Is traveling very expensive? what are approximate rates? Will net salary of GBP 2,000 be enough to live OK?

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

"Will net salary of GBP 2,000 be enough to live OK?"

Per month?

Essex
Level Contributor
28,241 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

Is this job offer real??

Plenty of scams about, in this respect, sadly...

I hope you have not paid them any money to "organise" stuff for you...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,062 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

'...if in case of holding work permition at the isaland, will I be able to travel to EU coutnries?' No you will not. You will need a Schengen visa in order to travel to the member states, and will probably need a visa for the nonSchengen countries as well.

'Is traveling very expensive?' It can be.

As on your other thread, it sounds like you have been sent a 'job offer' and will be asked to send money to guarantee it or process the paperwork. If so then do not send any money as there is no job, it's a scam.

UK
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

Why are you all saying it's a scam? (And what's this about "other thread"? The OP has a post count of ONE. Or has something been deleted)

Let's assume, for a moment, that this is genuine...:

I presume the figure quoted is a monthly figure - while UK salaries are usually quoted as annual salaries it is very common elsewhere in Europe to quote a monthly figure. 2k per month is 24k per year, which is a fairly average sort of figure (depending on the type of job of course).

As regards travel to other places - I don't know if the Isle of Man (like the Channel Islands) issues its own work permits, but Immigration-wise it's part of the UK so the OP would have a UK visa and would be able to travel to other parts of the UK.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

wikipedia.org/wiki/External_relations_of_the…

These tax havens really have it cushy, UK rights but don't contribute cash to the UK

London
Level Contributor
10,222 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

"Is traveling very expensive?"

As with many islands, travel can be expensive, and your options on getting to many places in Europe from the island will be limited.

7. Re: Traveling to europe from Isle of Man

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:54
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Man
Recent Conversations