We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs in Sandown

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs in Sandown

Hi

I'm looking for a recommendation for a pub in Sandown to take a group of approx. 10-12 hikers, maybe more that are mostly 30 somethings. We don't really want anything too rowdy, more like a quiet pint and space to sit and chat but it must do food and a real ale helps as well. We'll be there for the mid summer weekend 20-22 June.

We'll then be heading southbound on the saturday and finishing up our walk (that bits sorted) in Shanklin so I'm looking for something similar there. It'll be midsummers day so I'm guessing we can walk back to our accommodation in Sandown at sunset.

Any advice anyone? We're avoiding the Walking Festival on purpose - more space for us!

Thanks in advance

15 replies to this topic
Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pubs in Sandown

I'm positive that the family that featured in Location Location are not at the Old Comical now

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,723 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pubs in Sandown

Yep, this confirms it : http://tinyurl.com/ngmmqa5

Mike

Edited: 01 April 2014, 19:31
isle of wight
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pubs in Sandown

please try the kings, on the high street, it does light food, has comfy chairs and sofa's, also if its not raining, it has a great balcony that overlooks the sandown beach and the English channel, the balcony seats about 20 to 30 people, nice pint in there too, I live in sandown, so know the place well.

Sandown, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Pubs in Sandown

Totally agree about the OC being an All Age Pub.......Was there last night [Sat 28th October 2017] to celebrate Halloween.....and had a fantastic time with great band "Special Brew", and I'm 57!

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Pubs in Sandown

The previous post was over 3 years ago!

Reply to: Pubs in Sandown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandown