We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

My friend and I are going hill-walking in the Glenshee area in May and are looking to stay in a hotel in or around Glenshee or Blairgowrie. Ideally we are looking for somewhere that has a good vibe, clean, decent restaurant, hill-walker friendly and not full of coach parties! Not looking for bland or too Tartany. A comparison would be a hotel like the Isles of Glencoe hotel which was perfect. I'm thinking of the Spittal of Glenshee hotel but there is only 1 review on Tripadvisor. Any recommendations?

Scotland
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

Try the Bridge of Cally Hotel www.bridgeofcallyhotel.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g191250-d320464…

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

Dalmunzie Hotel is in a lovely location....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1077020-d29119…

They may have a tartan carpet but if you can live with that? ;-) LOL

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
661 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

Are you doing the Cateran Trail?

Strathardle Inn is pretty decent, Glenisla hotel is under new management, good walker friendly places both.

check www.bepta.com for more info on the area and accommodation.

B&B near glenshee

Dalhanzean Lodge - nearest dinner is at the spittal of glenshee hotel (2miles)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

Dalmunzie Hotel is in such an amazing location on the side glen from Spittal of Glenshee, up a track for a mile or so off the public road and it's an old shooting lodge / country house. I have stopped off for lunch or beer a few times and always liked the atmosphere. http://www.dalmunzie.com/

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

Another option would be a small self catering apartment in Mar Lodge: for example ntsholidays.com/AccommodationDetails.aspx…

It is a stunning place to stay, if just west of Braemar isn't too far away from your target area. You also have the option of eating in Taste in Braemar, which was so good we went back twice one weekend I was there!

6. Re: Can anyone recommend a cool hotel in Glenshee/Blarigowrie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Blairgowrie