We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Which Ilfracombe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

I am currently on holiday on this park and to be honest I really wish I hadn't bothered the only positive is the area that this park is situated in after posting my thoughts on trip advisor last night I visited reception this morning and asked to speak to a manager and I was I formed by the reception manager ??? That she was off today and no other manager on park this shocked me as one manager for a 'big lively park' I asked for a contact no after telling her my many complaints and told to return tomorrow or speak to head office ( I will be doing both) I asked to speak to Mr Jennings or post replies to comments advising people that they should raise concerns at the time and not available !!!!! To top it off the ents staff tonight asked that people leave there positive comments on trip advisor which I felt very awkward to be honest. I will be making a complaint tomorrow with a hope tips gets resolved. Just wondered how people had felt at this park as massive difference in comments ???

One very unhappy holiday maker

60 replies to this topic
Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

I will be taking this further I feel this park needs reporting to different agencies eg health and safety and needs a serious deep clean and change of staff to at least give it a glimmer of hope a shame as such a nice area

Edited: 13 August 2013, 21:55
Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Hi I do have the names of the directors , if you would like them please p.m. me. Wonder if the company is being run into the ground, so that they can sell off the sites for housing development.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 06:41
Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

mummyf10

I note that despite being asked on more than one occasion, you have not said what your complaints are?

In defense of John Folwer, I have had a static caravan in Brixham with this company for 12 years and have never found them to be anything other than helpful and polite. It seems you may have crossed swords with some of the staff in Ilfracombe. I do know that the company operates a grading for their caravans, from basic Bronze to Platinum, fees charged range are vastly different depending on which you go for. None of the range should be dirty, but I do know the bronze range for instance are very much older caravans, therefore will not be the same quality. I imagine others like me would like to know the nature of your complaints so we could perhaps offer an objective view to you.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 08:25
Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Having

just read your actual review on T.A i note you still gave the park 3 stars!

I also note Mr Jennings reply to your post:

Patrick_Jennings, Guest Relations Manager at The Ilfracombe Holiday Park, responded to this review

6 August 2013

Our park manager tried to rectify this reviewer's problems, but sadly was refused all offers of help.

There was very little else we could do.

Am now VERY CONFUSED what offers of help did you get, and why did you refuse them?

Caerphilly, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Hi what do you mean that I write a seperate review about accomadation for others to see as a warning?

Caerphilly, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

The Company may well be very good but the Managers comments on this park were if we did not book directly with them then we were to take our issues with those we did book with ie in our case Hoseseasons, although on 2 occasions we rang directly to request a pet free accomadation and on the other to have a shower, on each occasions they said they will put our requests forward ony to find that when we arrived there none of the chalets with the exception of the Gold accomadation had showers and that dogs were allowed in any accomadation so it was hard to find one where a dog had not occupied.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 20:57
Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Jayden,

I am sorry you experienced such a problem, but it does seem to be the case that your problems lies with Hoseasons. I do know that at South Bay dogs are allowed in caravans other than Gold and Platinum, perhaps Hoseasons should have made it clear to you that dogs may have been in the chalet prior to your visit, I would take it up with them again.

My comments earlier were not aimed at you, but at the original poster, who did not comment on what her particular problems were.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

We asked for Mr Jennings but told he does not visit the park even though he lives in ilfracombe we refused the upgrade as this was offered 48hours before we were leaving and I was not prepared to pack unpack and re pack losing a day at the beach with my 3 year old daughter it was also on the second floor and looking at reviews they are not alot better. This is not against all John fowler parks as someone believes purely the ilfracombe park...

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Jayden: On tripadvisor you are able to post on a forum for advice and also leave feedback re accommodation (hotels, guest houses etc.,). If you wish to leave a review of the accommodation, you can post it on here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g191252-d6308…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,996 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park

Did you see the offered upgrade mummy to see if it was better?

It may be you are just being brief in you're responses but it does sound as though you didn't give them a chance. we have moved rooms in places before and it doesn't take me a day, 20mins at most to gather our clothes and move. They don't have to be repacked in cases.

Holiday parks in mid season and by their pricing are not know for the beauty of their rooms.

Reply to: John fowler ilfracombe holiday park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ilfracombe