We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenby's newest restaurant

Which Tenby hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
40 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Tenby's newest restaurant

4 of us dined at Saint Teresa's (located in the Old Convent) on South Parade. It was very good - as good as anywhere else in Tenby. Unfortunately it is as expensive as the others too. Dinner for 4 plus wine totalled £150. Why do the local restaurants cost more than London restaurants ? I expect it's because Tenby has such a short season - they need to make 12 months profit in 2 months !!

England
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

Wow that is a lot! I like Tenby but if we go, we tend to take a picnic for lunch, or just get fish and chips in the evening. Sometimes simple things can't be beaten.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
514 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

Eating out is very expensive in Tenby. We are a family of five and live in the town. We used to have the occasional meal out for a treat but not any more. It is virtually impossible to find a main course for under £15. When we have friends staying we either go to the Bay of Bengal or Fecci's fish and chip restaurant. Mykonos, the Greek restaurant is a bit more reasonable, and the Blue Dolphin used to be good but that's closed.

There are cafes which are open until about 8pm which do basic meals, that's fine. The pubs churn out ready made meals, certainly as far as vegetarians are concerned, and aren't places I'd want to eat in the evenings anyway. There is a real case for someone opening a place that serves cheap and family friendly meals, such as pasta, but what do we get, more pricy restaurants!

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

fecci's, wow that brings back some memories lol, always used to laugh at their mars bar in batter ,that is until i tasted one, great, cannot beat fish and chips in their cafe, still go there now and again

swansea
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

What's happened with the Blue Dolphin?

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
514 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

Closed in the spring, I'm afraid. One of the few good unpretentious places to eat out in Tenby.

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

Agree with all the above - I've found Tenby restaurants to be very expensive. My Godchildren love the Bay Tree, and we had a couple of lunches there, but had to ban thoughts of an evening meal (last year that was £80 for four, not bad, but you know how it mounts up!)

We went to the Candy, with its view over the North Beach, a few times. The kids loved it, because the food their sort of thing. I loved it for the view, and the waitresses are usually very friendly. Overall, good value.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
572 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

Agreed, we too found restaurant and indeed pub meals to be expensive in the Tenby area

Tenby, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

I was disappointed at St. Teresa's. Food average, and not worth the price.

I enjoy eating out, live locally, but sadly stray away from the town for better quality - rather than because of price.

As St. T's is new, I thought it was worth a try. It was quite a nice meal (excluding the tasteless starter), but certainly wasn't worth the money, and the service was awful. I had an £18 beef main and it wasn’t a cut that was worth a dish of that price. However, it’s the poor service standards that will particularly not bode well for this place - we weren't as unfortunate as two of the other tables the evening we dined… at least our food found us after a 'reasonable' time, and we had cutlery! One of our party did have to ask for bread to accompany the starter, which after an unreasonable time after serving didn’t materialise - this seemed to be an inconvenience when requested, and eventually arrived in a similar fashion… almost comical!!

Generally, service seemed chaotic and staff lazy - the owners were present and serving food (doing more than paid staff) but they need to take the reigns! The establishment has been open for several weeks, and our visit recent - thus, we are approaching a quieter time of year, not the height of the summer season. The restaurant was full (it’s not huge) and the staff should have comfortably provided a good service, there were certainly enough available. It would be a shame that the hard work to refurbish the building would go to waste. If I could've taken photos of the customers’ faces - not good.

I’m not sure if I would return, probably not.

9. Re: Tenby's newest restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations