We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking!!!

South Wales
Level Contributor
30 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Parking!!!

Hi all,

Me and hubs are off to Tenby in a couple of weeks, but heard recently that the car park run by the church on the south beach cliff is closed.

(It was very handy last year as it was only about 30 yds walk to the B&B we went to last time,) and it's about the same distance as the B&B we're off to this year.

Does anyone know where else nearby we can park safely as much of that area seemed to be resident/permit parking only last year.

As we'll be there between school hols and off season, would that make it easier?

Much appreciate any help.Ta!!!

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking!!!

check this out,

tenbyvisitorguide.co.uk/tenbycarparkmap.php

for convenience, would suggest either the south baech car park if it is open, or the multi storey

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking!!!

If you're here before the Easter school holidays you should be able find a place on the street. The Rectory car park is closed through the winter and I don't think it opens until Easter. The multistorey by Sainsbury's is not very far away and upper floors are free over the winter period.. but please check if you park there!

South Wales
Level Contributor
30 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking!!!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Think we'll try and park on the street somewhere, (too lazy to walk lol)!!

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking!!!

drive round a few times,i'm sure you will find somewhere at this time of year

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking!!!

The Rectory car park was open today. So I think you can assume it will be open now at least at weekends when it's busier in town.

South Wales
Level Contributor
30 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking!!!

Update to my dilemma!!! Just got back from a lovely break. Found that the Rectory Car Park WAS open, and the man said it had been open for the past 3 weeks, so all my panic was for nothing!!!

Luckily really, as most of the streets around were full of white trades vans from all the contractors/workmen doing up the B&Bs, Hotels etc ready for the holiday season.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking!!!

Glad you enjoyed it and the parking was painless

8. Re: Parking!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations