We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching trips.

Level Contributor
189 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching trips.

Could any one tell me if they have been on a whale/dolphin watching trip in Pembrokeshire. Was it successful and also what was the sea like was it calm. I'm not a good sailor but would love to see whales and dolphins. Many thanks.

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching trips.

I have'nt been on any, but there no guarentee that the sea will be calm, it depends on the day. I'm not very good on the sea but I take a trip around Skomer , the sea was choppy, and was fine. The excitment and adventure took my mind off the sickness I normaly feel.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching trips.

Ramsey Island is probably your best bet for seeing whales. Have a look at these two web sites.

There's no guarantee you'll see whales but you should see seals if that's any consolation...Also there's no guarantee what the sea will be like. This stretch of the coast does get strong tides and even on calm days with no wind you can get choppy water depending on the state of the tide.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching trips.

We run a B&B in St Davids, and each guest we have had who has done the Whale and Dolphin trips with Thousand Island boat trips has had sightings and been very happy with the trip. As others have said, the choppiness is dependant on the weather and tide, so get some good motion sickness pills!! :)

Beware it is one of the trips that gets cancelled so book with an open mind. It goes quite off-shore so the weather and tides must be good to go.

This is their list of sightings for 2009, if that helps?

4. Re: Whale watching trips.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question