We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended beaches near Solva

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
445 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended beaches near Solva

I'll be in Solva from 10 July and understand there are some fab beaches in Pembrokeshire. Any recommendations for good beaches in the vacinity, or within a reasonalbe drive -say up to an hour, perhaps more for a really great experience?

We have Mum with us so need beaches with loos!

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
524 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

The Pembrokeshire National Park website has a list of beaches and facilities such as toilets.

http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/content.asp

if you click on beaches and then full beach list. Loads of glorious beaches for you to choose from, and Mum should be happy too.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

Hi , There are quite wonderful beaches in Pembrokeshire, some are remote, and with very little in the way of facilities.

If you need a loo and other facilities you would be best off sticking to some of these, St davids beach is fantastic with lovely sunsets and good surfing,

The beaches at Tenby are superb, with all you need in the town,

Broadhaven South,.. !! Has a toilet in the carpark, with a climb down some steps onto the beach.... {not to be confused with Broadhaven} although thats ok too.

Druidstone.. you'll need your map for this one.. has a quirky hotel with parking close to the beach, ask in hotel before parking, then pop up from the beach for lunch.

If they don't suit you.. post again you should get plenty of help.

Enjoy your stay.. Alf

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
445 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

Thans for yourreplies. I'll certainley be having a look at thebeaches you suggest AltT.

Re the Visit Pmebrokeshire site. I have tried this but found it hard to decide where the various beaches are in relation to Solva. The maps I have don't show any beaches. any ides for a good map for this? Will the tourist information have maps showing local beaches?

Thanks again anyway.

S.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

hi again

, sorry i should have mentioned that the beaches i suggested are all in South Pembrokeshire, and all within 15 to 40 minutes drive from Solva , If I can find a site on the web regarding location of beaches i'll get back to you.

the Pembokeshire tourism brochure usually has a detaled map of beaches plus all the facilities available.

if you have time you may want to contact one of the tourism officesand ask them to send one off to you, if not, you can pick one up in any shop in Solva.

alf

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

www.pembokeshirebeaches.co.uk/

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
524 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

The National Park site also groups the beaches into areas, so if you click on the West and North group you will find all the beaches nearest Solva. I would say that all of these would be within 30 minutes drive of Solva.

Many of them would be named on Google maps as they share the names of villages such as Broad Haven. As for the smaller more remote beaches, you would probably have to look for on an OS map anyway, these are the ones least likely to have facilities. If there is any one in particular you like the look of and can't find, please ask.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
445 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

I'm really greatful for your replies, and the link to pembrokehsire beaches - which is just what I needed.

Many thanks again. S.

8. Re: Recommended beaches near Solva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tenby