We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic hotel

england
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atlantic hotel

Hi Thinking of booking the atlantic hotel in june, wondering if anyone had stopped there and what the hotel is like, any information would be grateful

Cheryl

Tenby
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic hotel

I've never stayed there, as I live nearby, but it's certainly in a good position, and is AA 3 star - one of the few such hotels in Tenby.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic hotel

Hi Cher46,

2 of my colleagues in work stayed at the Atlantic last summer and had a nice time. I stayed in the Esplanade Hotel on the same road which was very nice as well. Position wise it is in a really good position for the town - parking can be a bit of a nightmare - although I think the Atlantic has its own car park

If you want to push the boat outon a meal in Tenby definitley go to the Plantagenat just off the main st. Very good food and very good host - Barney. You will need to book in the summer though.

Also, if weather permits go over to Caldy island - its a lovely day out

You will have a lovey time in Tenby

Sarah

england
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic hotel

Thankyou both for replying, much appreciated as there is no reviews on the hotel that i can find,

Have booked the Atlantic anyway, looking forward to Tenby, will definately try the plantagenat

Kind regards

Cher46

Penarth
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic hotel

Stayed for 2 nights at the Atlantic just after Easter with my husband and a friend.My husband and I had a superior room which also had a sofa, and our friend had a seaview double.Her room was not over large, but both had lovely views over to Caldy Island.Everything was clean and we had a very pleasant and comfortable stay.The staff were pleasant.There is an indoor swimming pool which we did not use, but others were using, which looked nice.We ate in the separate restaurant which is attached to the hotel called Carringtons.The food was very good.The hotel is in a great position, just a few minutes walk to the old town, and overlooking the beach.You can get to the beach via some private steps leading from their garden across the road.They are quite steep however.An added bonus is that it has its own private car park, a rare treat in Tenby.Tenby itself is lovely, and so is the area.I am sure that you will enjoy your stay.They seemed to have quite a few repeat bookings while we were there.

Dublin
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic hotel

Hi, i was just wondering would you recommend the atlantic for kids, we have a 5 yr old and a nearly one year old and we'll only be staying for one night. The atlantic seems to be the only hotel in tenby with no bad reviews

Penarth
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic hotel

Hi, yes the Atlantic seemed to be ok for kids.There were several families with young children when we were there just after Easter.They have family rooms, highchairs in the breakfast room,and state on their website that they can offer cots in the rooms.They also have the pool.You might be better with a superior room which has a sofa in it as well.It is directly opposite one of the beachs, but the steps would be too steep to go down with a baby.There is a slightly easier way if you turn right as you go out of the hotel, continue to the end of the road, and there is a steepish slope, I can't remember if there are a few steps as well, didn't actually go on the beach this time.The easiest access to the beach is if you walk through the town to the harbour, and there is a much gentler slope to the beach there.If it is not beach weather Folly Farm is good for youngsters.We took my grandson there a few years ago, and he loved it.They have a website if you want to check them out.It is www.folly-farm.co.uk.Have a great time.

Bristol
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantic hotel

We stopped at the Atlantic Hotel last year. We just fancied a weekend away and it looked lovely from the website. I have to be honest and say that I wasn't impressed. We paid about £100 for the night and got a small and rather dated room at the back of the hotel. We didn't get a great night's sleep, we were by the stairs and there were people coming and going for what seemed like forever in the early hours and then some 'domestic' broke out on our floor!!! Having been woken a number of times and not being brave enough to venture out of the room, I set about reading the hotel services guide which said reception closed at 10pm (or some such time) and that a night porter was available for 'emergencies only'. I didn't know whether some heated arguement constituted and emergency! Totally took the edge off our stay and I can honestly say that we headed home after breakfast and both had an afternoon nap.

Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations