We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

california
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

Searching for a spot to spend 3 or 4 days so husband may watch a few days of the Open. Appears B and Bs are already filling up close to the course. We will be walking and using public transport, flying into Manchester. I would rather not stay in the city, would prefer a smaller town for walking, gardens, historical interest. Our only other GB experience has been London. We are hoping for something a bit calmer. Suggestions for that just right village?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,820 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

Even though the next Open is staged at the "Royal Liverpool", it isn't actually in Liverpool.

It's in Hoylake on the Wirral over the other side of the River Mersey.

So when you do a search for accomodation search for Wirral and not Liverpool.

You might even find a good deal in somewhere like the city of Chester; but this would require a slightly longer trip on public transport (Merseyrail train) to get there.

Edited: 20 July 2013, 20:38
california
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

Thank you for the quick reply, matt_1376. Yes, I think Chester is just what I had in mind.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

From what you say Chester would suit you perfectly . Book now while everyone is thinking of this year at Muirfield and you will get more choice and better prices.

california
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

Chester it is. Have secured a room at Stone Villa B and B. Looking forward to a year of consulting these forums, and our stay in Chester. Thank you chesterbuff.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

Enjoy your stay. Stone Villa gets very good reviews and verbal feedback from visitors I meet

6. Re: Accomodation Suggestions British Open 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 11:15