We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pontins southport

shropshire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
pontins southport

We are staying in a club apartment at pontins southport in june 2012.

The reviews we have read have not stated what type of accommodation people are referring to. If anyone has any reviews (hopefully positive) that are quite recent of the CLUB apartments in Southport please help. Thank you

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,993 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pontins southport

I believe a certain amount of paint has been applied to some of the more expensive places by Britannia's not so local workforce.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pontins southport

We have just returned from there and it was dire, we stayed in a club appartment and the room was ok, but the site was terrible, we will not be going back, glad to get home

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
699 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pontins southport

The *club* apartments are ok, there better than the cheaper ones, (new floors, beds and furnature) and ours was clean. But i have to admitt i wont be going again. The kids were bored this time. (ive put a review on about it). It seems to be more geared to adults now and the slide in the *play area* was very dangerous. A hole in the bottom and very sharp jagged edges. If you can cancel and go to Butlins i,d do that.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,993 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pontins southport

The Daughter has been off to Haven by Fleetwood this week basic but a whole lot better than Pontins. Just wish a company who gave a dam had bought Pontins.

Unfortunately Britannia are aiming for a Southport buy out ;-{

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pontins southport

Its a dump full stop ,run by a group who have a very bad track record

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pontins southport

Sad to say that is true.Look what they have done (or not done that needed doing) to Adelphi in Liverpool,Prince of Wales and Scarisbrick in Southport.Not a brand to put any faith in.

Mentioned in this post
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pontins southport

What a shame because the surrounding area is lovely, nice beaches pretty Lord Street...and then there's Pontins! yuk...needs knocking down and starting over as does many places owned by this company!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pontins southport

Club chalets in Southport what a disgrace really angry about this going to calm down then contact the HSE with a view to reporting them.

Bolton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: pontins southport

me and a party off 8 have just got back from the 80 weekend and what a fab time we had we never left the site as there was things going on all the time our chalets were very clean and tidy there is nothing to moan about as we will be going back there again we had a brill weekend thanks to everyone for are stay

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,284 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pontins southport

Have the students from Edge Hill University in Ormskirk moved in yet !?

Get answers to your questions about Southport
Recent Conversations