We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to pontins southport

Leeds, England...
1 post
Save Topic
how to get to pontins southport

hi I am looking to take my son to pontins in southport in the next few week, I do not drive and am finding it hard to find a direct answer to how to get there..we live in morley leeds.. I have tried national express coaches and they saying no available journey and the trains are too expensive.. any help would be much apprechiated as I am now at a dead end :(

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to pontins southport

I really don't know what help you expect if you have ruled out the coach and the train. I assume your son is 5-15. You would be able to make the journey by train for less than £30 return for both of you (using 2 single tickets instead of a return) Leeds to Liverpool South Parkway and then use a Merseyrail train to Ainsdale on a Saveaway ticket.

You could also use a Megabus to Manchester for as little as £16 return and get a cheap return from Manchester to Ainsdale via Southport but it means crossing Manchester (free bus) and both routes mean walking from Ainsdale Station. You could continue to Southport on the train and get the 41 bus back to Pontins using your Saveaway if you come in from Liverpool South Parkway.

These are really your only options but other than using a bike on the Transpennine Trail (which would take you direct) there is no cheap alternative.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to pontins southport

According to National Express website, you can travel from Leeds Coach Station to Pontins in Ainsdale.

For instance you could travel to Ainsdale on Friday, 30 August leaving Leeds at 1.30pm and arriving at Pontins at 5.50pm. If you wanted to stay for a week then for your return trip you would leave Pontins on Friday, 6 September at 9.50am and arrive back at Leeds Coach Station at 2.10pm. The cost of the return trip for an adult is £23.50.

Both journeys involve a coach change and about an hour's wait at Liverpool Coach Station.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to pontins southport

dont bother its a dump

4. Re: how to get to pontins southport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Southport