We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort in Hounslow ~ where to eat

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
453 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort in Hounslow ~ where to eat

Was wondering what was in the area of this hotel , for food ?

Can I walk out of here and find a cafe/take away or some pub grub within a few minutes walk .

Hope someone can help .

London
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort in Hounslow ~ where to eat

Hello there,

The only Comfort Inn I know about in the Heathrow area is in Shepiston Lane, Hayes, not Hounslow - the problem is that the London Borough of Hounslow covers a wide area.

The hotel is in a very isolated location, very little in walking distance, and there are not even any public buses that run along this road. The Hoppa bus H8 is the only way to get to/from the airport.

Walking North along Dawley road you will see the Great Western pub, which is the nearest one to your hotel. I would avoid this like the plague. Only go in here if you are absolutely desperate, are wearing body armour, and have some expertise in unarmed combat. There are a couple of takeaways on the Dawley parade of shops, just after the mini roundabout.

But my advice would be to ask the hotel to order you a local mini-cab, and get dropped off at either the Pheasant or White Hart pubs in Harlington, both excellent pubs with good beer and good food.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort in Hounslow ~ where to eat

Haha. I had to laugh at Ealing Blue's summary of The Great Western pub. Spot on.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
453 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort in Hounslow ~ where to eat

thanks ealing blue ~ have dicided to eat in the hotel itself as we have no savvy on the area .

Thanks for the giggle though .

4. Re: Comfort in Hounslow ~ where to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 07:27