We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Teddington

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Teddington

We are staying at the Travelodge in Teddington, arriving on a Saturday around lunchtime and leaving around 0900 the following Tuesday. Although the hotel has parking, we may be using the car during the day or in the evening, and may lose our parking space at the hotel.

Are there any alternative long-term car parks or on-street parking in the area that have a 24 hour tariff that we could use in case we do end up losing our slot at the hotel?

Many thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Teddington

You should be able to park in the residential streets off the High Street. Over the years I know they have slowly made residents bays but I'm sure there are still some streets nearby where you could park without paying or needing a permit. It just might mean a walk of a few minutes.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,953 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Teddington

What pepper says. I lived about 200 yards from the TL, and we tried to make it Residents only parking, but it was refused, so anyone can park on our street.

The further you go from the station, the easier it should be. So just drive along Waldegrave Road towards Twickenham, and spaces should appear.

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Teddington

Thanks very much for the replies. I have tried checking "parkonmydrive" and other similar websites, but no joy in Teddington!! I've also checked the cost of parking at the station, which doesn't work out too badly, so this may also be an option with arriving on the Saturday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Teddington

Hi, I don't know if this is too late but might be of some help if not:

richmond.gov.uk/home/transport_and_streets/p…

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Teddington

Thanks for that - I had visited the site previously which gave me an idea of the availability of car parking in the area.

6. Re: Parking in Teddington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 04:15