We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's quickest Hoppa or Public

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
What's quickest Hoppa or Public

What would be the quickest choice from getting from Sheraton Heathrow (NOT Skyline)to Terminal 3. I can see that buses 75/76/77 run more frequent than Hoppa but don't go to the actual terminals. Therefor I would like to know if it takes much longer getting from the Central Bus Station than having the Hoppa take me there.

Also what slows down the buses the most; stopping off at all the hotels (Hoppa) or stopping off at all the public bus stops?

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,085 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's quickest Hoppa or Public

I couldn't comment on the speed, but you do know that public buses in the area are free to use?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's quickest Hoppa or Public

I take it that you have seen this map - firstgroup.com/ukbus/…free_links.pdf

I would say that the Hopper will be quicker and much more convenient - especially if you have heavy luggage. It is a tedious 5-10 minute walk to terminal 3 through the underground tunnels from Central bus station but then bus services 76 & 77 are free so it is really a case of cost vs convenuence.

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's quickest Hoppa or Public

Thanks to you both. Yes I did know the public ones were free.

Phil months ago I asked about bus routes and you kindly gave me a link to use.

If it's going to be quicker on the Hoppa then I'll use that. £4 is a little pricey for both of us but when you're spending £1,000's on a holiday it won't matter too much.

4. Re: What's quickest Hoppa or Public

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about West Drayton