We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to aiport hotel, then airport

Kalamazoo, Michigan
7 posts
Save Topic
London to aiport hotel, then airport

We have an early morning flight to US, so we have decided to stay at a hotel close to the airport. I know we can take a Hoppa bus TO Heathrow from our hotel in the morning. However, I can't figure out how to get from London to one of the hotels near Heathrow. Are there any hotels located on airport property so that we could just take the underground to that hotel? Or can we take the tube to any of the hotels close to Heatherow? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rita

5 replies to this topic
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London to aiport hotel, then airport

Hotels around Hatton Cross tube station have worked well for me in the past like the Jury's Inn, basic and functional. It's the last stop on the Piccadilly line before the Heathrow stations so no need for a hoppa bus.

But you might get more answers on the London forum rather than West Drayton.

Edited: 03 March 2013, 23:52
Kalamazoo, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London to aiport hotel, then airport

Your info was excellent! Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to aiport hotel, then airport

Rita, the answer to your question depends what time you need to be at the airport, and at what terminal.

If for example your flight leaves early enough the tube isnt running, being near a tube station isnt much help in the morning.

And Hoppa buses from an off airport hotel can take as long as a car service from the center of london.

Similarily, early hours of the morning, a car service wont take much longer than the tube from central London, so if you stay in your hotel and leave a little earlier, you get back a lot of time the previous day, as you dont have the upheaval and hassle of moving hotels.(have you considered what you will do when you check out of your hotel at around noon for example?)

SO, more details please,and yes posting in the London forum is probably better (or the air travel forum)

Canada
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to aiport hotel, then airport

This is how I get to the Heathrow Airport hotels ( a very loose definition because they are all over the place...)

I take the tube to Heathrow T 1,2,3 station, get off and walk a short distance to the Central Bus Station. Then I catch a bus - any bus - that goes along the free section of Bath Rd. This encompasses the Park Inn, Holiday Inn x 2, Radisson, Marriott, Sheraton Skyline, Renaissance and with a bit of a walk (or a paid fare) the Premier Inn. I have done this with baggage and various children.

I can never remember from visit to visit the actual bus #s but they are easy to find out.

Then as long as its not to early - I catch the Hotel Hoppa for 4.50 to the airport for the flight home.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London to aiport hotel, then airport

Many thanks to all of you...you provided enough information that I didn't need to go to the London forum. We will be coming back to Heathrow from Dover after a cruise, and I'm in the process of selecting a hotel close to Piccadilly line for a 9:45 flight to US. You've been great! Best wishes.

Reply to: London to aiport hotel, then airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Drayton