We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gainsborough Lodge, Massetts Road, Horley

UK
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Gainsborough Lodge, Massetts Road, Horley

I'd have to say that the worst place i've ever stayed is in this B&B. The owner is so RUDE!

We thought the idea of staying at a B&B the night before our Gatwick flight would be a good idea and the parking was cheap too.

However the place itself wasn't that great and when we went to pick our car up after our holiday the owner Mr Graham Everett was extremly abusive and actually threw our keys at us from the door!

Thats all you need after an 8 hour flight. This man should seriously be investigated and not be allowed to operate in the service industry!

I would recommend to anyone considering staying at this guest house to seriously reconsider otherwise they may also be at the receiving end of the rude owner!

But thats after you've paid your money! nice eh!

MALLORCA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gainsborough Lodge, Massetts Road, Horley

we also stayed in this lodge on the 25th january. we had provisionally booked for two nights on our return from egypt, but on entering the room immediately decided this was not for us. i went to the reception to advise them i wished to cancel. i was asked to wait by a very curt man, till the lady came off the phone. after 10 minutes he finally asked me what i wanted, i told him i wanted to cancel as the rooms were not of the standard advertised on the internet, he was very abusive and asked me what i expected for 50 pounds and that this was not the hilton.

we must let people know not to use this hotel. it was dirty with cobwebs and wallpaper hanging off the ceiling. no heating in the room, absolutely disgusting for a 3 star rating, it must be downgraded and repriced.

regards

janet drummond

paulbailey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gainsborough Lodge, Massetts Road, Horley

i did book here but cant remember if it was last year or one before ( i have tried to erase all thoughts) my stay....i got back too late to stay at the hotel and stayed at a friends...i had paid for the room and left my suit ready for a meeting,on picking up my suit just after 9am i asked to go to the room so i could get dressed,the owner refused and said i could not use it even though i had no refund of monies..after i pointed out i did not have to check out until 10am a rather rude owner took me to the room..he didnt want to leave me alone..we had a right row and i sent him away while i got changed...i had stayed here several years ago several times but now would rather sleep in the car...this is a no no unless you cant get anywhere else...

3. Re: Gainsborough Lodge, Massetts Road, Horley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 10:22