We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

I'm staying at the Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central (Povey Cross Road) and have to check in for my flight at 7am.

The website says there is a regular shuttle but I can't seem to find a timetable anywhere? Anyone used it? How reliable is it?

20 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,305 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

Why don't you call the hotel and ask.....although with a bit of search..the shuttles run every 15 minutes.

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

Thanks.

I'd be grateful to know if anyone's used it? I've had problems at Heathrow before with buses not running to the schedule, i.e. some just don't seem to turn up, so not sure whether to trust it or just fork out for a taxi.

portsmouth
Destination Expert
for Mayrhofen
Level Contributor
550 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

the bus runs every 15 mins and for the south it takes about 15 mins and for the north a little longer I think it run 24hours a day but I do know it runs from 4am because I got it 2 weeks ago

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

Travelodge web site says:

Shuttle bus services G1, G3 and G7 run from the hotel to both the North and South terminal 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Guests can meet this service outside the hotel and at Bus Stop number 8 at both Gatwick terminals.

There's also a local bus (100) that isn't quite 24x7 but starts early and finishes late - certainly in time for you

http://www.metrobus.co.uk/timetables-search/

UK
Level Contributor
6,403 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

I stayed at that Travelodge a few years ago - and I recall that bus timetables were prominently displayed both at the airport and in the hotel lobby. So... I wouldn't fret about it now, just check the timetable when you get there. If times are inconvenient you can always arrange for a taxi.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

thankyou sending gratitude for your seemingly feeling answer to many same concerns why the hotel site doesn't say it ?

wales
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

I'm enquiring about Travelodge central Gatwick also. But silly question can you get a shuttle from Gatwick to the hotel? Because we arrive by national express at airport and need to get to Travelodge night before flight?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

From the Travelodge website ( https:/…Gatwick-Airport-Central-hotel )..

"Shuttle bus services G1, G3 and G7 run from the hotel to both the North and South terminals, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Guests can meet this service outside the hotel, and at Bus Stop number 8, at both Gatwick terminals. Fares are £3.00 per adult, one way and £1.50 per child (5-14 years old), one way. Allow approximately 15 minutes journey time from the hotel to the South Terminal and 20 minutes to the North Terminal"

P-t-B

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

Hi

I am doing the same thing in may. Did you get the shuttle to the hotel? And did you experience any problems?

Thanks

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?

Try this website for times: https://bustimes.org.uk/stops/4400CY0370

Also, timetable is posted here: travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/…

I've used the shuttle a few times and it has always been reliable.

Edited: 11 May 2017, 09:09
Reply to: Gatwick Airport Bus from Travelodge Airport Central?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted