We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday lunch and drinking spots!

Which Stirling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday lunch and drinking spots!

Can anyone recommend a place for Sunday Lunch this coming Sunday (17th Jan)? Preferably not too far from the railway station as we are getting a train later on in the afternoon.

Also, does anyone know of anywhere for a quiet drink not far from the Barcelo Highland Hotel on Friday and Saturday nights as i'm guessing the hotel bar is prety pricey.

Cheers.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,898 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday lunch and drinking spots!

Portcullis Hotel, uphill from Highland Hotel, about 10 mins downhill to train station, restaurant has a good reputation and also a popular place for drinkies.

Hermann's Restaurant, Broad Street, not quite as far uphill as the Portcullis

Terraces Hotel, about 10 mins from train station, according to their website they have a Sunday Roast Special served until 2pm for £9.95.

If you want something more spicy then Wilawan Thai gets consistently good reviews. Close to Wilawan there are several bars round the top of King Street / Friars Street / Baker Street area including Sportsters, Cape, Corn Exchange, No 2 Baker St, and Drouthy Neebors. All varying degrees of quietness.

I would suggest checking train times before going in to lunch because Sundays have a less frequent service anyway, and services may be disrupted with frostiness.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday lunch and drinking spots!

Adamo is good, as is Papa Joes for lunch. Both 10 mins walk from station.

I also like Zingermans, and if you fancy something different, take a taxi to The Tearoom on Millhall Road - 5 mins away.

Emelda

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday lunch and drinking spots!

Thankyou both for your replies, I will post on my return where we ended up!

4. Re: Sunday lunch and drinking spots!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 06:16