We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge

W K
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge

Hi, Im staying at the Travelodge m80 in July & I would like to know if there is a bus service that runs anywhere near here into Stirling..

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge

The X39 and 24 First Buses from Glasgow to Stirling go along the A872 towards Whins of Milton from the Pirnhall Roundabout .

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Stirling
Stirling
Stirling, UK
W K
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge

How far a walk is this?? As we have a person with us that cant walk too far but could manage 5-10 mins maybe at the most...thanks for the reply..

Stirling
Level Contributor
92 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge

Wouldn't be walking it - probably 25+ minutes to walk into the centre of town. Bus or a quick taxi journey.

W K
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge

How far is the bus stop from the hotel, is it walkable??

Linlithgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge

Bus stop right outside the door of the travelodge.

Look up Google Earth & you'll see exactly where it is.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,710 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge

Assuming that there are at least three of you the bus is going to be around six quid into town. Taxi around a tenner and half the time. See where I am going with this?

Stirling
Level Contributor
92 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodge

I don't think that there are very many local bus services stopping at the Travelodge - It's part of a motorway service station, so I'd expect that there's not a huge demand for public transport apart from the staff working there.

You can check for any bus timetables at travelinescotland.com - it may be better served by bus routes than I think it is.

I'd do it by taxi, if it were me. Easy and flexible and relatively cheap.

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodge

I doubt the buses I mentioned call at the services.

So it means walking across a very busy roundabout with no pavement then along the A872 to the bus stop. Given one of your party are not able to walk too far I would now suggest you get a taxi too. The Premier Inn along the road at Whins of Milton would have been a better option with regard public transport access.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelodge

I would suggest changing the hotel too. If someone has walking difficulties they may want to return to the hotel during the day to rest. Taxiing out to to Travelodge is going to take time and money.

Causewayhead (lots of B&Bs) or even Bridge of Allan will have a much better bus service.

Mentioned in this post
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Allan
Stirling, UK
W K
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelodge

How far is the bus stop from the hotel, is it walkable??