We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cromlix House

Which Stirling hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Cromlix House

The return of a much loved favourite, with the re-opening of Cromlix House.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-2…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cromlix House

Looks fantastic. Well done Andy for investing in a local treasure. The pics on their website look stunning by the way. I hope he can chalk up a winner with this and with Albert Roux serving up some love-ly dishes they should net a profit. A real Murray mint.

http://www.cromlix.com/gallery/

linlithgow scotland
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cromlix House

Well done Andy Murray!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cromlix House

Looks great. I have a soft spot for Cromlix after we held our wedding reception there a few years back.

Will hopefully visit again.

Crieff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cromlix House

If you like eating in a plastic dining room -or is it an Orangerie- with plastic roof,windows and vinyl wallpaper, then this is the place for you.Forget the branding.It was Churchill who said:"Shoemaker stick to your last"

Andy should stick to his tennis and the Roux Brothers to publicity.Anyway how many times do you really think a Roux will be at Cromlix.The decor is gopping,even the tennis court wall is breeze block,the croquet lawn is about a foot high in grass and the way in is up goodness knows how many steps.Try the bar and tell me if there is anything even remotely Scottish or in sympathy with the wonderful Scottish country side.Tell me if it brings you a welcome,any warmth or anything but bland.

All desperately sad.Oh the food was OK but the Menu was far from special other than in price.The headings are original if not plain wrong!( Look for steak and beef and main courses under Hors D'Oeuvres not Main.)Like my bill.It listed three gins whereas we had only two.It listed the wrong wines we chose,but they were also more expensive ones.So the bill was adjusted twice when I challenged the mistakes.Apologies given but you have to wonder why the mistakes gave the advantage to the server not the customer

Table settings were also decidedly cheap with the nice plates whisked away when you sit down so that much cheaper looking plates could be used when your meal is served.

Will I go back? Never.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cromlix House

So you didn't like it then?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cromlix House

Anyone wanting to see Cromlix reviews is probably better advised to see their review page tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1096812-d620…

7. Re: Cromlix House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:17